Author Topic: coneybeare's  (Read 3609 times)

Offline dan1611

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
coneybeare's
« on: Friday 22 January 10 21:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi all
 I am interested in any info on a family called Coneybear(e) coneybeer(e) I do have quite an extensive amount of details in regard to them, they came originally from Morchard Bishop in Devon and my branch through  William married in 1804 in Morchard Bishop but by 1845 had moved to Bristol as his first infant was born here.Basically I am just after anyone who has a link with the name and may be related.

Offline susiebeare

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: coneybeare's
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 January 10 10:26 GMT (UK) »
Dan I just saw your query re William Coneybeer. Are you a member of Ancestry.com? I have found it very useful.
William Coneybeer and Eliza are my gr,grgr grandparents,  his son William Coneybeer was the grandfather of my grandfather Harold Coneybeer/Coneybeare his father was Tom Jenkinson Coneybeer he married Florence Nellie Avery and they both died of the Spanish flu in 1918 leaving 2 sons Harold and Ronald Coneybeer. Except Harold cohanged the spelling of his name for a while.. I have a photo of William Coneybeer and his wife Mary Anne. and all their children.
 William COneybeer born in 1808 was a sailmaker in Bristol, his son William was a clothier, and so was Tom Jenkinson Coneybeer.  It is really worth joining Ancestry as I have found lots out,  especially a woman called ALice who has the tree very well done. I had a note the other day from someone looking for Alfred John Coneybeer who was  William's (1808)  youngest son.
I have lots of info too. I live in AUstralia.
Regards Sue Cooper formally Coneybeare. I was born in Teignmouth Devon.

Offline welshrow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 November 10 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have Ancestors with the surname of Connibeer in Bristol at the beginning of the 1800s. William Connibeer &  Sarah George and their daughter Ann Susannah Connibeer and I was wondering whether there could be any connection to your Ancestors? :)

Offline kimcr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 26 December 13 20:21 GMT (UK) »
I am a Coneybear looking into my history as a yearly winter project. I believe my roots are in Devon but it is all sketchy. My great great grandfather was George Savery Coneybear son to William, born in Ashburton Devon in either 1850 or 52 or 53 or 54-no confirmed info on that. He lived in Albany NY the rest of his life. No immigration info -Love to hear more. Kim Coneybear Roos

Offline Kester1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 April 20 10:49 BST (UK) »

Hello - Just spotted your posts. I am also related to William Coneybeer, sailmaker. His daughter,  Louisa, married my great grandfather Robert Henry Bryant.