Author Topic: DRUMMOND and CREIGHTON, Annan area  (Read 4997 times)

Offline csc

• RootsChat Veteran
  • granny and grandad cursiter
    • View Profile
Re: DRUMMOND and CREIGHTON, Annan area
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 27 January 10 03:54 GMT (UK) »
i have a little bit of annan info my father was born there and i went to school there i have quite a lot of paperwork on annan families a bit of a  nosy parker i already have the little books for the grave inscriptions i  still would like to find potterland i am sure i have seen it before but cant remember where csc
DUMFRIES. KERR,DICKSON,BELL,HETHERINGTON,HILL
CUMBERLAND, CHARLTON,YOUNG,SPARKS,HEWITT,IRELAND. 
ORKNEY,CURSITER,DREVER,PEACE,COOPER,    
FAIR ISLE, MALCOLMSON,LESLIE.

Offline Oso

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 27 January 10 04:08 GMT (UK) »
If I stumble across Potterland or potterland, I'll let you know.  Again, what can I say?  You really helped me!  I had asked someone to check that graveyard back about 2002, someone who said they'd do look-ups, and they didn't mention any Drummonds.  The trouble with all of these Williams and Davids is that trying to look them up always gets me into a discussion of William Drummond of Hawthornden or other Williams or Davids who were a lot further up the social scale than my Drummonds appear to have been.  I assume they were from the same family who descended from the Hungarian family of Andras I, the King of Hungary some 800 or so years earlier, though I can't be sure of that.  I know that a lot of MacGregors assumed the name once they were pretty much outlawed in Scotland, so maybe mine came from a source similar to that.  Hopefully, I won't go to the grave without findout out.  Take care!  Or, as they Drummonds used to say, "Gang warily!"

Offline Oso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 27 January 10 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Christeen, I accidentally deleted your last message but not before I got the location of where I could get the book you mentioned.  I'll contact them from here.  Much obliged, and not to sound like a broken record, but thanks, again.

JERRY
Lancaster, California

Offline Oso

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 12 February 10 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Christeen, I received that book re: Annan's Old Burial Ground from you.  I'll be sending you a return letter shortly.  Thank you!  That was very nice of you to send that.

JERRY

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 December 19 23:23 GMT (UK) »
I know this is an old thread but does the Creighton line have any connection to Donegal and/or Gosforth just over the border in England?

cheers
Jack Gee
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.