Author Topic: David Jenkins  (Read 6675 times)

Offline Lae21

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: David Jenkins
« Reply #18 on: Friday 07 August 15 09:43 BST (UK) »
David was my ggg grandfather - son William born 1829 my gg grandfather.  I am trying to work out who David was married to - which Ann?  I thought she was Ann Llewellyn from Bitton.  I am hoping that you might have come up with the correct Ann from the three contenders!  I have David's parents as David and Sarah nee Fling.

all best
Lea

Offline hencarrai

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 07 August 15 22:30 BST (UK) »
Lea,
We don’t seem to be in close agreement.
‘My’ David Jenkins baptised 1792 (parents Edward and Anne), did have a son William baptised 15 Jul 1827 in Machen, Mon.
However I believe that William died in 1892 having never married. 1891 census has him as a widower, so he could have married between 1881 and 1891. I’d be interested in any info regards a marriage.
With regard to David I have his wife as Ann Jones, others think it’s Ann Harding.
Ann Llewellyn is a new name to me.
I have a Transcript of a PR of David J marriage to Ann Jones 18 Jul 1812 but I haven’t found the Image.
There were quite a few David Jenkins about at that time weren’t there? Difficult to be certain.
Rob

Offline mags54

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 07 August 15 23:24 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I  have the same details as hencarrei. I believe Ann and David had a William born 1823 died 1826. They then had another William born 1827 and dying in 1892. I have found his grave in Risca Old Cemetery buried with his brother Edward.
Mag
WALES
Cardiganshire-Davies(Llanarth)
Carmarthenshire-Evans,Thomas,Bonner(Bonah)
Caernarfonshire-Roberts(Pwllheli)
Flintshire-Mostyn
Glamorganshire-Davies,Watkins,Overton,Jones(Merthyr)
Monmouthshire-Davies,Jenkins,Phillips(Machen)
Pembrokeshire-Phillips(HF West)
ENGLAND
Gloucestershire-Bateman,Fry,Lucas,Kirkham,Bennett(Thornbury)
Herefordshire-Jones(Huntington)
Somerset-Padfield,Blacker,Vowles,Voakes,Wykes,Tincknall,Harse,Howell,Rendall,Bissex(Radstock,Clutton,High Littleton,Wedmore)

Offline mags54

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 07 August 15 23:29 BST (UK) »
Just checked the photo I have of William and Edward's headstone, William's death is given as 14th March 1892. No mention on there of a wife or late wife.
Mag
WALES
Flintshire-Mostyn
ENGLAND
Somerset-Padfield,Blacker,Vowles,Voakes,Wykes,Tincknall,Harse,Howell,Rendall,Bissex(Radstock,Clutton,High Littleton,Wedmore)

Offline Lae21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 08 August 15 19:34 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the replies - I will go back to the beginning of my trail and see where there may be a wrong turn!!  It would be really helpful if there were not so many Jenkins' in one place, and if the names were not recycled quite so much.  Did any of your families move to Glamorgan?

Offline mags54

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 08 August 15 22:10 BST (UK) »
It is difficult with Welsh names to make sure you have the right family. There are several trees on Ancestry that have my Jenkins family in them even though it's a different Jenkins to mine. With one of them I even found their ancestor who just happened to have the same name as mine, the same date of birth and even on one census lived in the same street in Risca. I messaged them with the details of the family they should be following but they ignored me and carried on.
There was someone else who insisted that David Jenkins was their ancestor but after saying he lived in Pontypool when we know he lived in Risca they wouldn't accept they were in the wrong and got quite nasty with me.
I've made several mistakes with some family members following who I thought was a relative when they turned out not to be, it's easily done.
 I'm not sure if any of our Jenkins's went to Glamorgan but it's very likely being the next door county.  I hope you manage to get on the right track, good luck x
Mag
WALES
Flintshire-Mostyn
ENGLAND