Author Topic: 1841 Lookup - John & Rachel Walker  (Read 934 times)

Offline sue smith

• RootsChat Senior
  • Elizabeth Milward b 1884
    • View Profile
1841 Lookup - John & Rachel Walker
« on: Wednesday 16 March 05 21:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi

would be grateful for any info on the following:

John Walker - born abt 1818 probably in Burslem Staffs
Rachel Walker - details unknown as she changes them on every census, but probably born abt 1816/17.

Looks as if their first child (Elizabeth) was born about 1841 in Middlewich.

Have been unable to trace marriage certificate and John dies young so am hopeful 1841 will give me enough details to trace him further back.

Thanks  Sue
Archer, Walker, Armstrong, King, Watson, Hoodless, Milward, Gate.

Please note that any information supplied to lookup requests is for the purpose of private study and research only, and may not be used for commercial purposes.  All Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Lookup - John & Rachel Walker
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 March 05 16:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue
           There is no name index for 1841 Middlewich do you have an address from the birth cert of Elizabeth maybe ? where where they in 1851 ? there is a name index for that, if they stayed put I may be able to trace them back.

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline sue smith

• RootsChat Senior
  • Elizabeth Milward b 1884
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Lookup - John & Rachel Walker
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 March 05 21:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter

I'm afraid I don't have the details for Elizabeth.  I have some research done by a cousin of my mothers and she has given me details that she obtained from the 1851 & 1871 Census.  Except, some of her information has proven to be wrong, so I am trying to piece together what has been verified and what is what I call "leap of faith" stuff.  The recent application I made to the GRO for what I had hoped to be Elizabeth's certificate was returned as my reference checking didn't match the details!

What I do know is that the family were in Monks Coppenhall Wybunbury in 1847 as I have a birth certificate for their 3rd child.  And I also know that the family were in Carlisle by 1850/1 and I'm awaiting my copy of the transcript for that area that should show me them.  John was dead by 1857.

I didn't realise the 1841 didn't have a name index so I'll post back if I'm able to track Elizabeth down!

Thanks anyway

Sue
Archer, Walker, Armstrong, King, Watson, Hoodless, Milward, Gate.

Please note that any information supplied to lookup requests is for the purpose of private study and research only, and may not be used for commercial purposes.  All Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk