Author Topic: Lost FORREST  (Read 10221 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Lost FORREST
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 29 September 09 09:22 BST (UK) »
there's only seems to be one death of a William Forrest in Co. Cork around the right time :

Record type: Death

Name: William Forrest
 Registration district: Youghal
 quarter / year: Jul - Sep 1902
 Volume: 4 / Page: 493

does this fit the estimated year of birth for your William ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline alchemyst

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 September 09 10:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks for taking the time Shane - I don't feel so bad now - William was born 1864.
I'm beginning to think he might have been the Scarlet Pimpernel - as I seek him here and I seek him there!!!    Of course everyone knows that the Scarlet Pimpernel was Irish!!

Alchemyst

Offline alchemyst

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Help - can't find death year!!
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 26 January 10 07:35 GMT (UK) »
I have tried for what seems like forever to find a year of death for William Forrest born 1864 County Cork - presumably died somewhere between 1901 and 1909.  His wife and children travelled to Australia abt 1909 and his wife remarried abt 1911.  Rumour has it that he went to some family/friend event or funeral, weather was bad, he got sick and died shortly after (or did he??). Not sure if he travelled to another county or what happened.
I admit that I am not exactly computer literate on some of the sites I have found but other relatives better at this than I have had no success either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Alchemyst

Offline alchemyst

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 26 January 10 08:14 GMT (UK) »
It would seem that I have travelled this path before and forgotten -  I apologize for any time wasted.

Alchemyst

Offline trishhh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 30 November 10 08:16 GMT (UK) »
If no one is taking William Forrest of Youghal... can I put my hand up for him...I have a William Forrest as a witness to a bap. for a Johanna Forrest dau. of Matthew Forrest and Sarah Mitchell at Coolbane, Tullylease CORK.

Does anyone have or know of anymore information on William. I think he may have had a son, George who can out to Queensland to follow his cousins. George's father is listed as William John.

Cheers..

Offline Wood4Trees

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 26 November 12 04:44 GMT (UK) »
Dear Trish

Re your request:
Does anyone have or know of anymore information on William. I think he may have had a son, George who came out to Queensland to follow his cousins. George's father is listed as William John.

I am a  descendant of George William Forrest who was born in Cloyne, Cork Ireland in 1864 and died Mt Morgan Queensland in 1931. He was involved in the mining industry in Australia from 1886 and was Manager of the Mt Perry Copper and Gold mine in 1911.

His father as listed on his 1899 Marriage Certificate was William John Forrest and his mother was Bridget O'Reagan.

I would be intersted in sharing any additional information or possible links you may have on George or William

Regards

F

Offline alchemyst

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 12 January 13 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi - hopefully I am doing this the right way now as everything seems to have changed!!

Just wanted to say FINALLY!  AT LONG LAST!  SUCCESS!  William Forrest is no longer lost and I now have a date of death (it was driving me crazy).  Would you believe it helps to irritate other family members until they finally think further outside the square than you could possibly imagine.  Thanks to my sister she finally did that and surprised me (I'm still not sure how she managed it) apparently he is buried at St Finbarr's cemetery - guess it must be a fairly old cemetery.

Thank you so much to everyone who have been so kind and helpful along the way.

Happy New Year!

Alchemyst