Author Topic: Baby deaths Bradford 1941  (Read 2438 times)

Offline acrorat

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Baby deaths Bradford 1941
« on: Tuesday 26 January 10 21:06 GMT (UK) »
I have been trying to research 2 of my uncles today.

So far I know their names are Frank D Moore and Derek W Moore (twins) whose births were registered in the first quarter of 1941 in Bradford (I have applied for the birth certificates for the extra info that holds).

Frank D Moore's death is registered in the first quarter of 1941 while Derek W's death was in the second quarter of that year.

These 2 babies were born to Edith Moore (Nee Redhead) from Guernsey during their evacuation to Bradford.  Family hearsay is that they died from some gastric flu' when only a few months old.

I would dearly love to know where they were buried and if anyone can help out I would be extremely grateful.

I have also been trying to find a way to search the archives of the Telegraph and Argus as there was a piece in the newspaper about them with the Lord Mayor of the time (William Illingworth I believe) as they were the first evacuee twins born in Bradford and the Lord Mayor became their godfather.  My mother remembers seeing the newspaper article.  I have tried to contact the Bradford Central Library who do nothing that the archives would be easily searchable.

Many thanks again

Jules