Author Topic: Samuel Wallace Lowry - Where did he go?  (Read 4689 times)

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Wallace Lowry - Where did he go?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 30 January 10 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Debbie and Jacquie.  I must have typed an incorrect decade for his birthdate.  ::)

His age was different compared to his age at marriage. He was 36 when he married in 1892 and 39 on the 1901 census.  :D

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Wallace Lowry - Where did he go?
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 February 10 05:22 GMT (UK) »
Wow! I must have been sleeping.  ;)

That looks like the correct Samuel in 1901.

I am not sure if any of the family have tried, but I believe the museum has.  I checked the records that I found on the internet, but figure that if they did indeed stay in Canada, they would have died after the dates available for searching. I also looked at the Social Security Death Index in the U.S., but again came up with nothing.

There name must be way off in the 1911 Census, as I can't find them anywhere.
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie