Author Topic: Births lookup request please.  (Read 452 times)

Offline junef

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Births lookup request please.
« on: Thursday 17 March 05 02:19 GMT (UK) »
Can SKS who had access to birth details check something for me please.All before the FreeBMD record dates.

Elizabeth Sarah BARTLETT abt 1826 b in Kent.
Henry Thomas   BARTLETT abt 1833 b in Kent,
Emma Mary BARTETT abt 1824 b in Kent,
John Charles BARTLETT abt 1836 in Kent.

I have the Baptism dates and place for them in London but have just  found they where actually 'born' in Kent. If I can prove this it would go some big way in solving a problem I'm having with the parents names.
Appreciate any help if they can be found.

June
Bartlett,Butcher,Earthe,Gordon,Evans,Hughes,Flaharty,Lear,Briggs.

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Births lookup request please.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 March 05 10:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sheila

There are no birth records prior to civil registration - only baptisms and you say that you have those already.

Are you certain that these are the correct baptisms for your family?  Why do you think they were born in Kent?  Have you found the family on all the available census returns ie 1841 1851 onwards?

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline junef

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Births lookup request please.
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 March 05 02:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello Casalguidi,

This is June here who posted the query. In fact you have helped me with this family before Im sure.

In answer to your question.

Yes I have children Henry and Elizabeth showing on 1851 census giving  place of birth as Kent but baptised in  St Dunstan Stepney like  three other children -  according to FHS records.(except Mary who was Baptised in Walworth Surrey).Edward I know was born in Shadwell.

Im hoping if I can find these births - it  would  help to confirm their grandparents who Im in some doubt about just now.

I havent got them on the  1841 census but I know they must have been in the area with their parents Jabes and Esther BARTLETT who lived  in  Craster Place  1851 and 1861 census. These very kindly found by our listers MO and KenB.

Ref HO107/1551 F 60 pg 119 and
RG09/284/70/33

June
Bartlett,Butcher,Earthe,Gordon,Evans,Hughes,Flaharty,Lear,Briggs.