Author Topic: St. Andrews - MACKENZIE CLOW  (Read 3759 times)

Offline MacKenzie Clow

• RootsChat Extra
  • MacKenzie and Clow
    • View Profile
St. Andrews - MACKENZIE CLOW
« on: Thursday 17 March 05 05:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello Everyone  :)

MACKENZIE ... CLOW

Those are the names I'm researching for my my partner for his family tree.

Family tree for: MARGARET MACKENZIE CLOW
Born: 22 January 1922 ... 49 South Street ... Fife County ... St. Andrews
Margaret moved to Canada 1930 (Ontario) at age 8, with her parents and brother,  and remained til her death in 1983.

Her FATHER: Possibly "HENRY" ??? He was listed as a "hairdresser" in St. Andrews at 49 South St, on Margarets birth information.

MOTHER: Unknown yet ... but likely a "MACKENZIE".

GRANDPARENTS: names unknown, birth and death dates unknown, or where they are laid to rest. We want to know this information.

GREATS-GRANDPARENTS: same as for grandparents ... eunknown/want to know :)

By the way, Margaret also had a much older brother (when she was 14 he passed away, in Canada,  at age 26)

When Margaret passed on, her personal effects naturally went to her son. He has two unidentified photographs that we hope to identify as well, they're definately "close" relatives judging by family resemblances, One is scanned, the other isn't. These could even be Margaret's parent, and grandparents. We hope so ;)

First Photo: A young BLACK WATCH OFFICER, 2nd LIEUTENANT  ... photo probably taken 1915. Striking resemblance to my partners son :)

2nd Photo: An older couple, the gentleman striking resemblance to the young Black Watch Officer, looks to be similar type professional photo as the young Officer, so perhaps taken within the same timeframe (1915 or earlier)

Any information or leads at all will be wonderful. I'd love to make my partner and his children happy by finding some reall information for them.

Thank you,

Karmen

My Email address is no longer working sorry
JOHN JAMES SMITH ... born 1791 (?)
-arrived FROM WESTMINSTER, LONDON to Canada at age 17 (1808) signed 5 year contract with HUDSONs BAY COMPANY lived RED RIVER SETTLEMENT area. (where was he born? Who were his parents? This is my GGG Grandfather)

EDWARD MOWAT .......... Orphir

ALEXANDER MOWAT -Caithness?
married: CATHERINE DAVIDSON MALCOLM from Wick, Caithness

FIRTH

MACKENZIE - CLOW St. Andrews, Fife 1922 and before.

Offline MacKenzie Clow

• RootsChat Extra
  • MacKenzie and Clow
    • View Profile
Re: St. Andrews - MACKENZIE CLOW
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 March 05 08:41 GMT (UK) »
PS: If you read this earlier, please note that I edited some vital information,
so please read it again ... thank you ;)

K.
-arrived FROM WESTMINSTER, LONDON to Canada at age 17 (1808) signed 5 year contract with HUDSONs BAY COMPANY lived RED RIVER SETTLEMENT area. (where was he born? Who were his parents? This is my GGG Grandfather)

FIRTH

Offline MacKenzie Clow

• RootsChat Extra
  • MacKenzie and Clow
    • View Profile
Re: St. Andrews - MACKENZIE CLOW
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 March 05 17:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi folks.

Is there a place online where I can find out who the tenants and/or owners of this address were in JAN 1922?

49 SOUTH ST. , St. Andrews, Fife

PS: Margaret's fathers given name may have been HENRY CLOW. I did find a mention of an ALEXANDER CLOW as a hairdresser in Fife, but don't know if this is a relation.

Regards the address though, it might be a big help to know who the owners/tenants were ... or if anyone remembers the CLOW family on SOUTH St. until 1922.

Thanks again... K.

FIRTH