Author Topic: Auchterlony/Auchterlonie/Auchterlownie/Lownie  (Read 14674 times)

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Re: Auchterlony/Auchterlonie/Auchterlownie/Lownie
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 24 November 11 23:37 GMT (UK) »
has anyone got a Crawford Aucterlonie from Cuper in their family

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Denchfield

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 November 11 02:08 GMT (UK) »
I have an Auchterlonie Tree from Ceres. There is a David Auchterlonie 1816/1892 listed with a wife Jane/Jean Crawford. This surname in next generations has become a christian name. If you want the tree read my messages and email me and I will give it to you.

Kevin Lonie aka Denchfield
Lonie Lonnie Auchterlonie Mark Scott Barr Scullion Travers Hughes Tait Knox Gorman Liddy Pieschke Schulkowski Pischki Schulz

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 26 November 11 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Yes i would love a look at your tree
Crawford Aucterlonie married my grt grt aunt she was a Turnbull from Berwick one of their family emigrated to Australia where my grt aunt was living and the family kept in contact I think they still do
Elizabeth
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 26 November 11 19:22 GMT (UK) »
So sorry I thought i was sending a Pm
thank you for removing my mail address
I had just posted it and was too late to stop it going
Elizabeth

Offline Denchfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 13 March 12 20:58 GMT (UK) »
Since my earlier post my line descends from David Auchterlonie/Lony and Agnes Faulkland from Ceres Fife who wed in 1685.

I had by mistake gone up a wrong branch, which has now been corrected.

Our family by 1718 had dropped the Auchter and have used Lonie to this day.

So far we cannot get back beyond David's birth c1660 - but where ? I have seen that some are listing his father as a George - cant see any proof, but Agnes's father was a George.

It is most likely that they may have come from Angus where I can see probable parents. So far I have seen two Davids and one James all born around c1660 as the top of three trees and so far these trees don't touch ! I may have to look at the wills if they exist for the Angus Ochterlonie members.

Some Ochterlonie's in Angus had sons by those names about 1660 - its less than 50 miles away ? Sorry just working from a map scale.

Is there anything you can share with me.

Regards

Kevin Lonie
Lonie Lonnie Auchterlonie Mark Scott Barr Scullion Travers Hughes Tait Knox Gorman Liddy Pieschke Schulkowski Pischki Schulz

Offline Jonosue

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 22 July 13 15:28 BST (UK) »
my 5x great grandmother was Agnes Auchterlonie, married to James Lock; they had six children, all born in Liberton, Midlothian, between 1751 and 1761. Agnes has been my brick wall for a long time, which is really frustrating considering her unusual name. I have found a possible birth for her in South Leith, Midlothian in 1717. her marriage to James Lock would seem to distance her from the Auchterlonies in Fife, as the Agnes Auchterlonie there married James Fyall.
I don't think this is going to help anyone - but it is good to unload the frustration to people who are finding the same difficulties!
Hicks, Thorburn, Bennett, Millar, Parsons

Offline bjwil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 27 December 18 21:04 GMT (UK) »
I'm new to this site thus new to this conversation.

Denchfield, may I impose on you for your tree for David Auchterlonie and Agnes Faulkland? 

Thank you,
B