Author Topic: Burial Records Doncaster  (Read 7476 times)

Offline Barkerk2610

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Burial Records Doncaster
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 07 November 23 22:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am looking for the burial record of Robert Mulholland, died 11th. December 1964 in Doncaster (possibly at 227 Wheatley Lane?).
Thanks.
Also is there any local newspaper that might have the death notice in it?  Cant find anything on British Newspaper Archives.

Just given this a "bump" - anyone able to assist?

Offline Dyingout

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Father Charles in his hockey playing days
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 08 November 23 07:46 GMT (UK) »
The local newspaper would have been The Doncaster Free Press. Which is still an online presence.
Dow/Dowe Norfolk and Suffolk
Mulley/Wilden Suffolk
Loome/lombe Norfolk

Offline davidgp

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 08 November 23 08:58 GMT (UK) »
The other local newspaper would have been the Doncaster Gazette - I've checked at British Newspaper Archive but it only has the years 1870 and 1958 digitised. Gazette Newspapers still exists as a publisher.

Offline Barkerk2610

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 12 November 23 20:17 GMT (UK) »
The other local newspaper would have been the Doncaster Gazette - I've checked at British Newspaper Archive but it only has the years 1870 and 1958 digitised. Gazette Newspapers still exists as a publisher.

Thank you, much appreciated.  I had found the Gazette on BNA, but assumed they had actually closed in 1958 and didn't realise they were still in existence.  I'll try them.

Offline Barkerk2610

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 12 November 23 20:23 GMT (UK) »
The local newspaper would have been The Doncaster Free Press. Which is still an online presence.

Thank you too, also much appreciated.  I'll try them.  I've noticed that the records for Rose Hill Cemetery (seems to be the Doncaster burial place most used in 1964) are now in the Doncaster Archives - if I get nowhere with the papers I'll put in a request there.
Again thanks...

Offline Barkerk2610

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 24 January 24 21:10 GMT (UK) »

Thank you, much appreciated.  I had found the Gazette on BNA, but assumed they had actually closed in 1958 and didn't realise they were still in existence.  I'll try them.

UPDATE -

The current Doncaster Gazette actually only launched in 1995 and are therefore unable to help.

Offline Barkerk2610

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 24 January 24 21:14 GMT (UK) »

Thank you too, also much appreciated.  I'll try them.

UPDATE -

The Doncaster Free Press is part of a group of over 200 newspapers and are unable to store physical records - suggested the local library.

Online MollyC

• RootsChat Member
  • Preserving the past for the future
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 24 January 24 21:35 GMT (UK) »
This is the link for archives and also newspapers in local studies.  They have recently come together in the former museum building at Chequer Road.

https://www.doncaster.gov.uk/services/libraries/archives-local-studies-and-family-history

Offline Barkerk2610

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 20:09 GMT (UK) »
This is the link for archives and also newspapers in local studies.  They have recently come together in the former museum building at Chequer Road.

https://www.doncaster.gov.uk/services/libraries/archives-local-studies-and-family-history

Thank you for this.  Unfortunately I wont be able to get there - I'm located in Ireland.