Author Topic: St Anne's, Stanley, West Derby, Liverpool - LEATHERBARROW  (Read 9611 times)

Offline bobo5139

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Anne's, Stanley, West Derby, Liverpool - LEATHERBARROW
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 11 June 11 15:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Kate

I saw your posting on Google. Did you ever find the burial place of Joseph Leatherbarrow.

I think I may have found it on ancestry.

Regards
Bob Owen.
Southport.

Offline missy1800

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 June 11 16:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Bob

Thanks for your response to my posting and sadly no I still haven't located his resting place.  It would be wonderful if you have?

Regards,  Kate
Leatherbarrow - Liverpool, West Derby, Prestwich, Lancashire, Manchester, NZ, British Columbia and California.
Bispham - Lancashire
Clough - Prestwich, Lancashire
Kidall - Norfolk, Lancashire, Suffolk, Wales and Australia

Bridgfoot, Wiles, Clough, Winter, Bates, Garters

Offline bobo5139

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 11 June 11 17:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Kate

Are you on Ancestry if so they have recently put burial records on there. He is listed as Joseph Bispham Leatherbarrow, Green lane West Derby burial 4th  March 1876 aged 68 yrs Holy Trinity Wavertree.  If you can't find it and would like a copy my email * He also left a will effects under £6000.00. His son Thomas was on of the executers. The church has a website at this address http://www.holytrinitywavertree.org.uk/pages/about_yard.php

Regards

Bob.

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline missy1800

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 11 June 11 19:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Bob

Thank you so much ... I'm hot footing it on to Ancestry right now.  Any problems I will give you a shout.

Regards, Kate
Leatherbarrow - Liverpool, West Derby, Prestwich, Lancashire, Manchester, NZ, British Columbia and California.
Bispham - Lancashire

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 12 June 11 07:59 BST (UK) »
I am 4 miles away and I have a bus pass ....cos I`m getting on a bit now....lol,,,,If you don`t get the info you want , I could pop up there in about 2 weeks (going to Rhodes on wednesday for a week )....if you get the grave reference, I will take a picture for you
allan
added...by the way...I played football with 2 Leatherbarrow brothers in 1970`s , so they are still in the area
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline missy1800

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 12 June 11 09:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Allen

I am so very touched that you are willing to take a photo etc., which would be lovely.  I live in West Sussex so it’s a fair old trek to Liverpool.  How would I obtain the grave reference..... by contacting Holy Trinity Church? 

Joseph Bispham Leatherbarrow born 1805 is my ggg Grandfather and I have also, for years, being trying to locate the death of my g Grandfather (Thomas’ Son) Joseph Bispham Leatherbarrow born 1867.  If he died in England (never found a record or reference to him after 1901) and he could possibly be in the same grave?!

I do wonder if I am related to the Leatherbarrows’ you played football with?  My branch started in Liverpool before 1750, moving on to West Derby, Prestwich, Leeds and London.  The Leatherbarrows’ are an addiction for me as being one and having no history of them (until I started this family tree lark) has kept me so absorbed. 

Anyway, enough of my ramblings I would be more than happy to pay you any costs etc., if you are able to get to the Church.  Also if I can assist you in any way with your research, just ask. I don’t suppose you have any family in the Sussex area?

Kind regards,

Kate

PS... if we don't chat before, have a fab time in Rhodes
Bispham - Lancashire

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 12 June 11 09:53 BST (UK) »
I will go 2 weeks today.......PM me with a reminder on the saturday as I have a mind like a sieve..lol
allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline ainslie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 12 June 11 10:06 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure you will get much help from the church - I have read that a fire a few years back destroyed some graveyard records.  Also vandalism [not officialdom] has turned over many headstones and the graveyard was not in the best of nick when I was last there.
Don't get lost in the jungle!

A

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 12 June 11 10:15 BST (UK) »
Ainslie ...any Winos or druggies frequent the graveyard ?....got a shock last time I went to Toxteth Park...full of winos on the benches
allan