Author Topic: 1891 & 1901 Census look up please  (Read 1398 times)

Offline 1pompey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1891 & 1901 Census look up please
« on: Sunday 07 February 10 13:53 GMT (UK) »
I have the marriage certificate for William Rayner (or Rainer) and Rose Wanstall - Marriage 1910 St Pancras. The proper name should be Rayner but the 'y' is crossed out and an 'I' inserted. At the time of marriage William was 35 and Rose was 28, they both lived at 139 York Road (London, I assume). William's father was also called William. Rose's father was William Wanstall (deceased).
I would like to know who Rose was living with in the 1901 and 1891 census's.
William, may be a bit harder as it is a more common name and there are a few possible choices, all I can say is his father was William too!

Any help would be most appreciated!

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 & 1901 Census look up please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 February 10 14:07 GMT (UK) »
hi,,was roses father a carpenter? if not,,what was his occupation according to her marriage cert?
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline 1pompey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 February 10 14:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Yes Rose's father was a carpenter!

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 February 10 15:32 GMT (UK) »
hi,,,have sent you a pm.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk