Author Topic: Hugh MacLEOD - Canadian Army Second World War  (Read 1280 times)

Offline RSMACL

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hugh MacLEOD - Canadian Army Second World War
« on: Thursday 11 February 10 04:00 GMT (UK) »
I have started a new topic as an off-shoot from my previous one: "William Alexander MacLeod".
     I am trying to find out about an ancestor cousin of my husband who I think may have lived in Vancouver, Canada.
 The only info. I have is: his name was:HUGH Mac(or Mc)LEOD and I know he served in the Canadian Army during the 2nd World War, and saw service posting to Britain, possibly around 1942-4.  Hugh would have been around say, mid-20's (flexible) at that time, and my husband John (in his teens) met him when he came up to stay with John's MacLeod family in Inverness, Scotland, for a short time, on leave.
 Hugh's parents MAY have been ANNA McLEOD (b. 1889, eldest child of my husband's g./uncle John Mcleod who emigrated from Scotland to America in 1887) and a Norman D. MacLEOD.    Although the original John Mcleod lived mostly in Cleveland, Ohio,  others of his children lived in various places in U.S. including Tucson, Arizona; Dunedin, Pinellas County, Florida; and Scranton, Pa.,  I have no further knowledge where above Anna & husband lived;   'family tales' say that Hugh was from Vancouver.  Can anyone help, please?