Author Topic: 1841, 1851 & 1861 Census THOMAS MURBY  (Read 9778 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841, 1851 & 1861 Census THOMAS MURBY
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 February 10 20:32 GMT (UK) »
You could perhaps ask for any or all of those death certificates, I suppose with age specified to your Thomas.

1841 only gives 2 Thomas Murby - one aged 6 yrs and one b abt 1806 with wife Mary in Bradford. He is alive in 1851 census.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline punch

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 February 10 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Just a thought but it is possible that Elizabeth Murby died and hubby, Thomas, remarried before the 1841 census. Are there any records of a death for Elizabeth Murby between 1827 (date of marriage) and 1837? I have checked the BMD but if Elizabeth died before 1837 it would not be listed.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 11 February 10 21:01 GMT (UK) »
You would need to search Parish records so sorry, can't help there.

Offline punch

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 11 February 10 21:35 GMT (UK) »
Is the Thomas Murby born about 1803 in Sharnford, Leicester in the 1841 census? It is looking more and more like the Thomas & Elizabeth you cited in the 1851 census might be who I am looking for especially he followed in his father's occupation.

I may have found his father, Thomas Murby (born and baptised in Sharnford in 1779), who apparently was recorded in the 1851 census as a pauper (formerly woolcomber) in St. Margaret, Leicester. This elder Thomas Murby died in March Quarter of 1852 which confirms one of the deaths I found on the BMD.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 11 February 10 21:36 GMT (UK) »
No I couldn't see him. :-\

Offline Descendant of Murby

• RootsChat Extra
  • The Bound Family c. 1885
    • View Profile
THOMAS MURBY - made a mistake on this one please delete
« Reply #14 on: Monday 29 March 10 15:58 BST (UK) »
I am related to a Thomas Murby who was born in Sharnford, Leicestershire in about 1803. He is on the 1851 census with his wife Mary (born about 1811 in Lancaster) and his children, one of which is Ann Murby (born 1833/35 - can't get exact date as it is before the official records begin) who is my Great Great Grandmother. They are living in Bradford, Yorks at this time, and he is a Woolcomber.

I can't find any of the family on the 1841 census or on the 1861 census. By 1861 my GG Grandmother Ann Murby has married Jonas Holmes, so she is living independently, as a Holmes, with her husband and children, but there is no sign of Thomas or Mary, her mum and dad, and I am pretty sure they are still alive. I have tried various spellings as Murby can be spelt incorrectly as Mirby or Merby. Interestingly, my GGGM calls one of her sons Murby as a first name - Murby Holmes. He is my Great Grandfather.

There is a Thomas Murby who died in Bradford in Jan-Mar 1868 period aged 64, so I think this could be him - Ann's father. I'm going to get his death certificate to see if I can confirm he is Thomas Murby, Woolcomber. 

I am actively researching the Murby family of Sharnford/ Bradford at the moment so any links are welcome.
Paternal side: Holmes; Brooks; Bostock; Murby; Fox; Shaw; Leedham; Toon.
Maternal side: Speaight; Bound; Taylor; Meredith; Ninnim; Luke; Lloyd; Titus; Marshall; Redpath; Herd.
Photo depicts The Bound Family c.1885. My grannie is the little girl on the left.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
THOMAS MURBY - accidently posted two please delete this one
« Reply #15 on: Monday 29 March 10 15:59 BST (UK) »
I am related to a Thomas Murby who was born in Sharnford, Leicestershire in about 1803. He is on the 1851 census with his wife Mary (born about 1811 in Lancaster) and his children, one of whom is Ann Murby (born 1833/35 - can't get exact date as it is before the official records begin) who is my Great Great Grandmother. They are living in Bradford, Yorks at this time, and he is a Woolcomber.

I can't find any of the family on the 1841 census or on the 1861 census. By 1861 my GG Grandmother Ann Murby has married Jonas Holmes, so she is living independently, as a Holmes, with her husband and children, but there is no sign of Thomas or Mary, her mum and dad, and I am pretty sure they are still alive. I have tried various spellings as Murby can be spelt incorrectly as Mirby or Merby. Interestingly, my GGGM calls one of her sons Murby as a first name - Murby Holmes. He is my Great Grandfather.

There is a Thomas Murby who died in Bradford in Jan-Mar 1868 period aged 64, so I think this could be him - Ann's father. I'm going to get his death certificate to see if I can confirm he is Thomas Murby, Woolcomber.  

I am actively researching the Murby family of Sharnford/ Bradford at the moment so any links are welcome.
Maternal side: Speaight; Bound; Taylor; Meredith; Ninnim; Luke; Lloyd; Titus; Marshall; Redpath; Herd.
Photo depicts The Bound Family c.1885. My grannie is the little girl on the left.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
THOMAS MURBY
« Reply #16 on: Monday 29 March 10 16:01 BST (UK) »
I am related to a Thomas Murby who was born in Sharnford, Leicestershire in about 1803. He is on the 1851 census with his wife Mary (born about 1811 in Lancaster) and his children, one of whom is Ann Murby (born 1833/35 - can't get exact date as it is before the official records begin) who is my Great Great Grandmother. They are living in Bradford, Yorks at this time, and he is a Woolcomber.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: THOMAS MURBY - made a mistake on this one please delete
« Reply #17 on: Monday 29 March 10 16:17 BST (UK) »
I am related to a Thomas Murby who was born in Sharnford, Leicestershire in about 1803.

I can't find any of the family on the 1841 census or on the 1861 census.

Hello,
I think they are here in 1841

1841 HO107; Piece 1293; Book: 9; Folio: 28; Page: 9

Thomas Murby 35yrs
Mary Murby 30 yrs
Sarah Murby 4 yrs
Mary Murby 2 yrs
Margret Murby 1 month

the only thing is that Ann is missing  ???

heywood