Author Topic: John W Jones - Catherine Roberts??  (Read 1860 times)

Offline ejones1025

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John W Jones - Catherine Roberts??
« on: Saturday 13 February 10 01:05 GMT (UK) »
My GGrandfather, John W Jones, born abt 1823 in Llanrwst, Denbighshire, Wales per 1851 census.  Catherine (maybe Roberts) was born abt 1828 in Merionethshire, Wales.  The transcriber lists the town as Llanwynno, Merionethshire, Wales.

While waiting for the birth certificate for my Grandfather, I am still looking.  I found a marriage for John Jones and Catherine Roberts whose father was John Roberts.  This marriage was in Liverpool, England.  Most of the marriages listed on that page appear as folks from Wales.

Next I did a search of the Wales 1841 Census for Catherine Roberts with father named John Roberts.  I found then in Llandrillo, Merionethshire, Wales.  While looking at that page I found a John Jones the son of Anne Jones.  He is the right age to be my John Jones.

I know how hard a Jones search is and particularly John Jones.  I am open to any suggestion.

Thanks
eddie

Offline ejones1025

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John W Jones - Catherine Roberts??
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 February 10 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Not Catherine Roberts but Catharine/Catherine Jones.

Received Evan Jones' birth certificate this week.   His mother is listed as "Catharine" Jones formerly Jones.  On the 1851 Census and all of the U.S. census until 1880 her name is "Catherine"  In 1880 its listed as Katherine.

My search of the 1841 Census for "Catherine" has one listing that matches her birthday and town somewhat similar to the birthplace listed in the 1851 census.

Catherine Jones b. 1828 in Llanenddwyn, Merionethshire, Wales

No listing for Catharine Jones seemed  to be her .

Is there any hope of getting any more information?

Thanks in advance
eddie