Author Topic: Donald McDONALD Christina McINTYRE - COMPLETED  (Read 19880 times)

Offline accam

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Donald McDONALD Christina McINTYRE
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 18 February 10 07:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi dalek39
Yes got your pm
Sorry cant help any further I only came across that info. when in a moment of frustation I just googled "Christina Kerr married John Williams" they are my gt gt grandparents.
It was a break through for me as there is my Christina Kerr leaving Scotland during the famine.
Just thought it might be worth you taking a look. Did you find the names of those who left Scotland for Australia?
Accam

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 18 February 10 08:04 GMT (UK) »
Accam...Yes I did...thank you....have to confirm it though..there are so many, as you well know...How lucky for you that you saw that on your family..It does give you a charge...hope you find more for yourself...I have found that you go along...nothing...then all of a sudden..its there...good luck. ;D

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 18 February 10 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Christina McIntyre's Parents Marriage:

MCINTYRE Angus married MCGILVRAY Anne 1856 VIC #688

Siblings to Christina McIntyre: (you already have her birth I posted)

MCINTYRE Donald d.1859 age 9mths RICHMOND #367
MCINTYRE Duncan b.1860 BRANXHOLME #15155
MCINTYRE Jane Mckellar b.1863 BRANXHOLME #12674
MCINTYRE John b. 1867 BRANXHOLME #906
MCINTYRE Sarah Rachael b.1870 BRANXHOLME #14000
MCINTYRE Sarah b.1873 BRANXHOLME #878

Parents to above are: Angus MCINTYRE & Anne MCGILVRAY

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 18 February 10 10:24 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much Merlin..that is great...I had a feeling about Branxholm from a voter list..but I was looking for a Duncan  not a Neil..for some strange feeling I kept going back to it...so, the folk at Branxholm are related...thats good news. 8) ;D

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 19 February 10 02:44 GMT (UK) »
Big problem...need help please... I have been searching my grandmother ..Mary Jean McDonald..
I have conflicting records ...first..in a family book..born 1884 at Yarragon..Victoria..married George Silverton Adams..2 Jul. 1910 at South Yarra..Victoria...it states she was the daughter of a Hotelier.
I have records..with dates and Reg No's of parents and siblings...now I have a death certificate for her father, Donald McDonald..if thats him..died 1913 at Heatherton Sanitorium, and is buried at Cheltenham
Record states his father was John McDonald..Inverness Scotland..Fisherman..married to Maggie McKenzie..
Child of John and Maggie  is  Donald McDonald . b 1851 Inverness. Scotland..married Christina McIntyre 1881 in Victoria...
Children of Donald and Christina.. wont name all at present...born at Charlton and Yeungroon Vic.
So I sent away for a marriage certificate..as you do..and received it this week..stating different parents to what I had....on this certificate was parents..Neil McDonald..and Christina Robinson.. and  different brides parents.....what I want to know ..which is correct... I cant go off sending certificates without knowing who is who...and I dont have any living relatives that I know of to ask

:o ??? :-[

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 19 February 10 03:59 GMT (UK) »
I have the name of her parents...Donald McDonald..b 1851 DALEK Post 1.

Dalek,
Is the only  source of this information the FAMILY BOOK to which you refer?

I have records..with dates and Reg No's of parents and siblings. DALEK #49

Are these records cetificates or index entries only?

Have you sighted the marriage certificate of Mary Jean Mc DONALD and George Silverton ADAMS?

If it is fully and correctly completed, it will give the maiden name of her mother.

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Friday 19 February 10 04:25 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sparrett...firstly...I have the details of Christina and John West..from the Necropolis at Springvale.
2nd..I dont trust the family book, as there are a few mistakes there..
3rd..In reference to the parents and siblings..I received that with Registration numbers next to them..
4th..No certificate on Mary Jean McDonald.birth...not as yet, as I believed the reg.No's to be indexed..not submitted...
Sorry to sound so official..but just trying to make things clear.. As I am a little inexperienced in all this, I now know that I should have gone for the birth certificate first..but relied on the "indexed" information...My grandmother was not one to keep records, nor other members of the family..which is a shame. :'( ;D

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 24 February 10 19:59 GMT (UK) »
Just want to thank everyone for their help ..I have sent for a marriage certificate on my grandparents, Mary Jean McDonald..to George Silverton Adams.. and saw that their parents were...Donald McDonald..Contractor of Hamilton area.. and Christine McIntyre also of Hamilton..My Grandmother was born Charlton Victoria 1883...
I am now getting together their background and will post this on the thread when available.. ;D :)

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Monday 01 March 10 04:55 GMT (UK) »
Christina McIntyre/McDonald....married John West..date unknown..can someone help please,  as to whether she did after he died, or was there a divorce.. I have looked at some divorces in Vic, but nothing there.. ??? :)

Have since found out that Christina West was the daughter of Duncan McIntyre, and I think, by her birth date 1854 her mother was Agnes Turner..but she is not my Greatgrandmother... ::) :)