Author Topic: farrelly, cavan  (Read 10609 times)

Offline Elderman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: farrelly, cavan
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 26 January 12 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Berni - This is a photo of Owen Roe looking up the street.  Houses on the right.  I took this from No11 so Farrelly's House (No 12) is the one past the white drain pipe

Offline silkworth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 27 January 12 08:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kevin, thanks so much for posting that photo,its nice to see where my grandfather & his family lived,but sadly my father didnt really see him since he was a small boy,& never talked about him, its strange that you think about all the things you should have asked or done when people are still with us. Kind regards. Bernie

Offline Elderman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 14:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Silkworth - Further to your search. Owen Roe Tce celebrated 100 years old a couple of weeks ago with a street party.  As an ex resident I was present and had the pleasure of making a presentation to the oldest resident who happened to be a grand daughter of your paternal Grandfather. there were lots of old photos on display including photos of your Grandfather and Great Grandparents.  If you are still interested I can put them on the web or email them to you.
Regards - Elderman

Offline silkworth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 17:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Kevin, i saw the video of the party on youtube,I got in contact with mary pryce & marie the oldest resident,mary said she was going to post some pics to me,but if you could email them that would be very kind of you, my email is.  (*)  Kind regards, Bernie

(*) Moderator Note: email address removed in accordance with Rootschat policy. Please use PM (Personal Message) system to exchange emal addresses.