Author Topic: Repair of this photo please  (Read 4677 times)

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Repair of this photo please
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 20 March 05 22:08 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if you wanted this one touched up but it was pretty easy, so here it is anyway.

deadants
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)

Offline tallted

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 21 March 05 01:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jaki,
Thought I would use Deadants pic and do a few alternatives for you.  I didnt spend a whole lot of time so the results could be better especially with a higher res scan.  I will send each of 2 to you in seperate replies just to show you what can be done.
Thanks for the pic to do.
Tallted
Surnames I am Interested in:
Dolan, Banks, Chambers, Bemi, Hills, Crowe

Offline tallted

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 21 March 05 02:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jaki,
Here is the second one.
Ted

Offline Jaki

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 21 March 05 03:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi deadants

Thanks for that .... did start to try and repair it but it was getting late and the program i am using at the moment is not the best.

Hi tallted

Didn't realise that you could do so much with a photo. I thought you were stuck with the way it was .... didn't realise you could delete people.

Will be definitely saving up now to get a decent program to do repairs with. Got a couple of my father that are not in the best shape and it would be nice if i could create a photo that has both my parents in it.

Thank you both

Jaki
<i>OK Charles Henry Kingwell when did you arrive in Australia????</i><br /><b>Coates</b> - Warwickshire, Staffordshire??<br /><b>Hall</b> - Warwickshire, Yorkshire<br /><b>Hirst</b> - Yorkshire<br /><b>Kingwell, Bulley, Bunce</b> - Devon<br /><b>Sample</b> - Northumberland, Durham<br /><b>Shipp</b> - Gloucester<br /><b>MacGillivray, Grant, Forbes, McBean</b> - Scotland

Offline tallted

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 21 March 05 12:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jaki,
It is indeed possible. If you like, send me the pics of your mom and dad and I will see what I can do.  Scan them at about 1200 resolution.  If you want me to try let me know by personal message and I will give you my email addy.
The roots chat restriction on pics too small for a proper restoration.
Ted

Offline Man of Kent

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 29 October 05 03:54 BST (UK) »
Altthough this was posted long before I joined this site, I think the little girl could be a Boy.
It was common practice to dress boys in this way at the early part of the 1900's.
Might show in the record books.

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 29 October 05 04:03 BST (UK) »
Yep, the records would be the only way as the original head is completely out of focus due to extremely slow film speed.

It's good to see someone looking back at these older topics. It might give others new to this board a chance to try their hand. I know I have learned a lot more since I attempted these.
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)