Author Topic: Repair of this photo please  (Read 4675 times)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: Repair of this photo please
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 19 March 05 23:18 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou !! Whoohoo - got there in the end - so many have overtaken me in numbers of posts by a LARGE margin!!

The photo - it looks to me that the child has the same style of haircut as the boy, but blonde.

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 19 March 05 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Yeah, it does have a ghostly resemblance to the boy. I wonder if it was like that before Jaki got it?

deadants
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 19 March 05 23:27 GMT (UK) »
Poor little girl.. It really makes you want to see her little face.  :-\

(As a side point - I wonder if there is a significance to the point at which the photograph was torn - perhaps the lady on the left lost favour with the family for some reason?)

Trystan
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 19 March 05 23:37 GMT (UK) »

Getting the real Detective aren't you Trystan!!  ;D ;D

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 19 March 05 23:41 GMT (UK) »
I'd say it was probaby just folded over and restaightend a couple of tmes and the years haven't been kind to it. But it could have bbeen a fit of anger. We'll never know.

deadants
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 19 March 05 23:49 GMT (UK) »
Keith - I really enjoyed Sherlock Holmes!!

Deadants - the tear isn't a straight line - that's what got me thinking - it could just well be as simple as the paper fibre being weak after time.

Trystan

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 19 March 05 23:59 GMT (UK) »

This is not helping repair this photo - but...

Have been messing about using the colour replacement tool - this morning - but don't seem to have a healing tool - need one of those for my overworked brain!!

Keith

p.s.Trystan - it's the quality of your posts that matter!! - elementary!!
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 20 March 05 00:01 GMT (UK) »
It's  a good lesson for anyone storing their photos to make sure their in a photo album with acid free paper and a tissue sheet in between to protect the photo surface. Never use a plastic see through page. The surface of the photo will react to the chemicals in the plastic and stick. (I've been there)

deadants

Offline tallted

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 20 March 05 02:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi d,
I think maybe Jaki or someone has had a go at repairing the photo, on closer viewing it looks like there are a bit of board out of place for the tear and also a brushing effect over the little girls head.  I would venture a guess that the pic has had someone trying to restore it with not great result.
I wrote to Jaki asking her if that were the case, I havent heard back yet.
Ted
That new brush is interesting.
Surnames I am Interested in:
Dolan, Banks, Chambers, Bemi, Hills, Crowe