Author Topic: ancestry troubles  (Read 3402 times)

Offline Parmesan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad 1921-2015
    • View Profile
Re: ancestry troubles
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 25 February 10 19:44 GMT (UK) »
I can't access my tree so went onto ancestry.com and the message there is something 'gee its busy around here. we have removed this facility for the time being'

removed the facility? you mean the one I paid for?  ::)

still can't access my trees on either site but I can search for stuff.
Paternal: Staffordshire, Shropshire, Lancashire, Cheshire, Durham, Wales, Arrondissements Oudenaarde and Gent, Belgium, -  - Maternal: Cheshire, Lancashire, Ireland

Offline Parmesan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad 1921-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 25 February 10 19:46 GMT (UK) »
They have also made some changes re the "hints". If you have a match with another tree you can no longer see who the owner is in order to contact them....hopefully this is just a glitch...... ???

I haven't been able to get in to research for about two hours and all week it has been on slow down  :'( :'( :'( :'(

mab

I thought that but if you now click on the top link, can't remember what it says now and I can't get on to look  ::)

anyway, don't click on the bottom link that you used to, use the top one and its the same format as before - thank goodness!
Paternal: Staffordshire, Shropshire, Lancashire, Cheshire, Durham, Wales, Arrondissements Oudenaarde and Gent, Belgium, -  - Maternal: Cheshire, Lancashire, Ireland

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 25 February 10 20:19 GMT (UK) »
I use the .au site and it has been slow as it has been taking 3 or 4 minutes to load a page. However as I type this things seem back to normal, probably famous last words.
Bloomfield, Knights, Whitmore, Warner (Suffolk)
Hamlin (London, Yorkshire, Scotland, Suffolk)
Mattocks, Newick, Nutter, (Kent)
Mattocks (Staffs)

Offline Parmesan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad 1921-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 25 February 10 22:03 GMT (UK) »
well now its back on what do I find?

I can no longer search within 2/5/10 years range  >:(

they are beginning to naff me off big time!

Offline Firehorse

• RootsChat Senior
  • 'Pharaoh'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 25 February 10 22:24 GMT (UK) »
I've been having a few weird problems with Ancestry over the last couple of days.  It seems slower than usual to get images up, and adding docs to my tree either gets rejected or takes ages to attach and since this afternoon, I've not been able to access my tree at all.  I was beginning to think it was something to do with my computer, but it seems that it isn't. 

This morning I would try to attach something to my tree and would get the 'we're sorry for the inconvience, but...' note from them and I would immediately retry and  it would suddenly work again, then try to add something else only to have the 'we're sorry...' notice again.....frustrating, especially if you are following a lead in your tree!! 

I wonder how long it is going to take to fix it all and we can get back to business as usual.  I'm a bit miffed as it cuts into my precious time on my subscription. 

Jilly
Canada
Crisp, Dobson, Kirk, Farrow, Abraham, Hilton, Thompson, Croft, Searby, Haddock, Coot(e), Bryan Plaskett, Lyon, Peart, Hors(e)wood, Fanthorpe, Haywood, (Lincolnshire & Yorkshire); Brooke, Foice, Chapman, Flint, Bright (Wimbledon, Leigh, Leatherhead, Surrey and Roxwell, Essex); Pitt, Banks, Young, Malone (Camberwell, Bermondsey, Walworth, Surrey, London & Dublin, Ireland); Mallinson, Bevans (Canada)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 25 February 10 23:26 GMT (UK) »
This morning on .co.uk I was getting no results for anything I tried searching for on the census.  If I tried searching for anything else in other collections it just sat there with an egg timer.  Early this evening it had righted itself but has now gone again.  Somethings definately up ???
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day