Author Topic: RICHARDSON - Margaret - SHROPSHIRE  (Read 1918 times)

Offline Erica McP

• RootsChat Extra
  • A McPoland by name but a Downing by heart!
    • View Profile
RICHARDSON - Margaret - SHROPSHIRE
« on: Thursday 25 February 10 23:25 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find my Great Grandmother Margaret Richardson who lived in Kings street, Wellington, Shropshire when she gave birth to my Nan Dorothy Ricahrdson on 27th April 1908.
Margaret is listed as 'Domestic Servant Housekeeper' on the Birth Cert and that is ALL the info i have on her! I sent away for my Nan's BC to find her Fathers details are not given and this info about her Mother. My Nan was in Wellington Workhouse until aged 13 and no other details are known.
I cannot find either of them on the 1911 census, and there is ONE Margaret Richardson on the 1901 census in Shropshire which may well be her.
ANY help or info you can give me on Margaret Richardson would be greatly appreciated as me and my Sister have been searching for her for ages without success.
Thank you and kind regards.
Downing, Mills, Powell (Staffs). Richardson (Shrops), McClory, McPoland (Antrim/Down - NI), Mills (Sydney, Australia), Atkinson (Westmorland), Kelly (Killarney, Ire and Staffs)

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: RICHARDSON - Margaret - SHROPSHIRE
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 February 10 23:42 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried posting this on the Shropshire board and having a look at any links under the English General Board.

See if Shropshire has a Family History Society who may have information which could help you with your research if no-one else can help.

marcie
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline Erica McP

• RootsChat Extra
  • A McPoland by name but a Downing by heart!
    • View Profile
Re: RICHARDSON - Margaret - SHROPSHIRE
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 February 10 23:48 GMT (UK) »
Yes i have done so thanks
Downing, Mills, Powell (Staffs). Richardson (Shrops), McClory, McPoland (Antrim/Down - NI), Mills (Sydney, Australia), Atkinson (Westmorland), Kelly (Killarney, Ire and Staffs)