Author Topic: William Brockway 1806 Shaftesbury  (Read 3030 times)

Offline Richard Knott

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Brockway 1806 Shaftesbury
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 March 10 15:07 GMT (UK) »
'Putting it out there' is fine, but we need to know what you know and what you are guessing at.

What is the evidence that he came across in 1823? What information does it give in 1860? What do his naturalisation papers say in 1847? What do you mean when you say your first info was that he was born in Yorkshire? Is the only connection with Dorset that you have found someone of about the right age? Where did the original information on Philip and Mansel come from? And so on...

Richard
All the families I am researching are listed on the main page here:
www.64regencyancestors.com

Census: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bruteri

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Brockway 1806 Shaftesbury
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 March 10 18:21 GMT (UK) »
The info I had to start this search was given to me by a distant relative. He had no facts other than dates that he had come up with.

I can find no info on him coming into the states, I have a copy of a Naturalization application from NYC That was in the area of where he was living at that time.

The 1860 date was a US census that has all the family in Hartland NY

The info i had was he was born in 1808 in Yorkshire, came to the states in 1823, died in Lockport NY in 1890.

I've had some corespondence w/ a Mike Brockway who said that was'nt so. He thought William born in 1806 in Shaftesbury was a better lead.
Brockway