Author Topic: Gordon/Dann marriage record-Mountrath  (Read 4072 times)

Offline LOOKINGFOR

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gordon/Dann marriage record-Mountrath
« on: Sunday 28 February 10 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello. I just received a marriage record for Alexander Gordon and Catherine Dann, married July 18, 1848.  The record states Registrar's district of Mountmellick. Marriage solemnized at Mountrath in the Parish of Clonenagh in the QueensCounty.  His occupation was housepainter and hers milliner.  Residence at time of marriage was Ballyfin.  Father's names were William Gordon, housepainter and William Dann, farmer.  They were married in the Church of Mountrath....of the United Church of England and Ireland.   Witnesses were William Gordon and Mary A. Dann.  I am trying to establish if this couple is my husband's g-g-g-grandparents.  I have his 2x-grandparents as William Dann Gordon [Alexander's son]and Catherine Wilson.  On William and Catherine's marriage record it lists William's father as Alexander Gordon, housepainter.  I found the marriage record on LDS for Alexander Gordon and Catherine Dann, so I ordered it as a gamble because of William's middle name of Dann.  I am looking to see if anyone has any connection to this family and also for any advice on what to do next to document or prove that Alexander Gordon is the one I am looking for.  I have never found a birth record yet for William Dann Gordon, who I found living and married in Dublin City.  Thank you.
Carolyn

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Gordon/Dann marriage record-Mountrath
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 March 10 19:38 GMT (UK) »
Post looking for William Dann Gordon here-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,443286.0.html
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!