Author Topic: WARWICK Family in Hertfordshire  (Read 27143 times)

Offline Freckled Fox

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WARWICK Family in Hertfordshire
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 26 June 22 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hi all, I'm new to RootsChat but I have been researching my Warwick branch of the tree for several years now. I'm excited to find others here who share the same ancestors as me. Abraham Warwick b1811 Furneaux Pelham and Sarah Wallis b1810 Buntingford.
I descend from their son, John who moved to London grew his family there, one of whom was my great great grandfather (also John) who married Elizabeth Sparshott and lived with her and their many children in Battersea.

Am I right in thinking I need to post 3 times before I can send private messages? I have some pictures of John and Elizabeth from Battersea which I'm happy to share and would be very interested in seeing other photos from the family too.

Happy to share what info I have found.

Offline Freckled Fox

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 26 June 22 14:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Shirley, My great great grandfather was John Warwick b.1876 (Half brother to Georgina Maud Warwick) from John Warwick's first marriage.
Do you have a picture of Georgina? I can send a photo of John if you're interested?

HI,
I've just started my Warwick family history. Georgina Maud Warwick (b1892 in Kensington) was my maternal grandmother and the daughter of John Warwick (born 1841) from his second marriage.

The attached photograph I think shows John Warwick (white bearded in foreground of the cart in profile) and his brothers from Furneaux Pelham. Do you have any clues if the the bearded man at the back could be Abraham Warwick or any of the others.
All best,
Sh

Offline alemap1947

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 29 December 22 00:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi, my grandmother was Ethel May Warrick who was the granddaughter of Stephen Warrick who was born in Furneaux Pelham. His parents were James Warwick and Ann Hardy. The surname was spelled Warrick when Stephen moved across to Wales after the death of his father and remarriage of his mother. 
 Does anyone have any info on earlier Warwicks who went to Virginia in the USA in period 1600-1700s. I have dna matches to people in USA with links to a Warwick ancestor but parentage is unclear.
Cheers Pamela

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 29 December 22 15:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pamela

We have corresponded about the Warwick family before and we are related. I have the Warwick line back to 1540, top of the tree being Robert Warwick from Furneux Pelham and I do have a branch that I believe went to the USA. I am related to all the Warwick's that ever passed through Furneux Pelham.

The Warwick branch I have, if my research is correct, were born in Much Hadham, Hertfordshire, England. The father, mother and I believe at least three of their children went to the USA and never returned to England. I have the father and mother dying in Baltimore, USA, does that tie in with any information that you have ? I believe at least two of the three children that went to the USA were boys, so the Warwick line may have continued with either of those. There could be more children that went to the USA or were born in the USA that I am unaware of.

This USA Warwick family are distantly related to me, they are 5th cousins, 4 times removed, but are Warwick's.

Please feel free to PM me if you think we may have further connections. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Martin
Warwick- Farnham Essex, Pelhams, Hadhams & Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire, Lee Kent.