Author Topic: Vic Probate reference for George Henry PARTRIDGE  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Sturdy

• RootsChat Member
  • John PARK and Louisa Jane PARK (nee STOREY) 1889
    • View Profile
Vic Probate reference for George Henry PARTRIDGE
« on: Sunday 28 February 10 22:51 GMT (UK) »
I attended the Victorian Public Records Office the other day and found probate records for my family back to 1853 (Convict John PARTRIDGE) however when looking for the reference to the probate records of my g/grandfather George Henry PARTRIDGE, who died on 13/06/1977, out of all the micro fiche stored that particular micro fiche was missing - just my luck.

Is there somewhere else I could look / other micro fiche records held that would record the reference number for his probate in 1977 in the hope I can order in his last Will & Testament through the Vic Public Records Office?

Many thanks

Sturdy
STOREY Family London (Spitialfields, Shoreditch, Lambeth, Wandsworth) & Ballarat Aust 

PARK family Glasgow

MILLS (MILES) Family Kirkmaiden - Wigtownshire, Glasgow & Geelong Vic and Moulamein NSW, Aust

MILLER family London (Bethnal Green, Mile End Old Town) & Auckland, NZ

AVON family Cobh, Queenstown, Cashel (HUSSEY Family), Ireland & Melbourne Australia -

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Vic Probate reference for George Henry PARTRIDGE
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 February 10 23:25 GMT (UK) »
The microfiche Victorian Probate Index is not only available at PROV's reading rooms but also the Probate Office of the Supreme Court of Victoria, the State Library of Victoria, genealogical research centres and a range of local libraries around Australia.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/084m/
The website offers a service to find if an estate had a grant for $5 per name.

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk