Author Topic: Emma Whale  (Read 3305 times)

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Emma Whale
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 02 March 10 19:32 GMT (UK) »
I feel like I'm going round in circles! You know Emma's father is Thomas because of her wedding cert but how do you know her mother is Emma? If you have access to the London records I would suggest you type in a search for baptisms in the right area with Thomas as father and work your way through them, i searched a few but my local knowledge of London leaves a lot to be desired! Hopefully you will find her, unless they were of a different religon but since her marriage record is online seems unlikely. Also perhaps looking for the address on her marriage cert in the 1851 to see who is living there then? It also doesnt say on Emma and Georges wedding that father Thomas is dead.
Flintshire Parry, Price, Lloyd, Jones, Williams, Roberts, Ellis, Holland and Davies. Mostly from Brynford area.
Denbighshire Hannam, Evans
Scotland Clark, Duff, Ferrier, Cruikshanks, Robertson, Anderson, Mciver, Finlayson, Hodge, Galloway and Barrie
Midlands Shaw, Davenport, Skidmore, Ball
Ireland Mccaffery

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 02 March 10 21:14 GMT (UK) »
Yes I have Emma's marriage cert to George Ayrton which states she is a minor and  her father is a Thomas White a Mathematical Instrument Maker, in the parish Church of St George in the East in 1852

I dont know who her mother was, thats what I am trying to find out by checking the Emma White born c 1833/1834  as I cant find baptism record of her.

I would suggest you type in a search for baptisms in the right area with Thomas as father and work your way through them, i searched

I have done this searching all areas but found none  :(

It also doesnt say on Emma and Georges wedding that father Thomas is dead.

Yes that quite correct but how many times has this been omitted from certificates also one of the witnesses is a Thomas White but it may not be her father  :-\

The family of Whites that were Mathematical Instrument Makers appear to be quite small as it was an unusual occupation.
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 02 March 10 21:21 GMT (UK) »
I have checked the 1851 census for George Ayrton living in 7 Chapman Place he is a lodger but I cant see her there  :(
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 02 March 10 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Well least that is ruled out, have you been through all Emma's baptism in the right area? I assumed you knew Emma juniors mother was also Emma because it was Emma senior's baptism you were looking for. If you have Emma with hubby i would go off that as to where to look for her baptism
Flintshire Parry, Price, Lloyd, Jones, Williams, Roberts, Ellis, Holland and Davies. Mostly from Brynford area.
Denbighshire Hannam, Evans
Scotland Clark, Duff, Ferrier, Cruikshanks, Robertson, Anderson, Mciver, Finlayson, Hodge, Galloway and Barrie
Midlands Shaw, Davenport, Skidmore, Ball
Ireland Mccaffery

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 02 March 10 23:13 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your time and help Sarah.

Have taken another look at the 1851 census and agree it does say the mother is married not widow as I first thought.

Patrish  :)