Author Topic: Emma Whale  (Read 3310 times)

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Emma Whale
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 March 10 16:18 GMT (UK) »
I have seen the marriage on ancestry now - doesn't provide much info! Assuming I have found the correct Emma in 1851 with daughter, I can't find any Emma the daughter baptised where she says she was born to a Thomas and Emma, there are sons but no Emma which makes me think that either it is not the right people in 1851 or Emma's husband and Emma junior's father was not Thomas.

Sorry I am not being very helpful, it is the first time I have looked at these records - I only wish these records were available in the places i need!

Sarah
Flintshire Parry, Price, Lloyd, Jones, Williams, Roberts, Ellis, Holland and Davies. Mostly from Brynford area.
Denbighshire Hannam, Evans
Scotland Clark, Duff, Ferrier, Cruikshanks, Robertson, Anderson, Mciver, Finlayson, Hodge, Galloway and Barrie
Midlands Shaw, Davenport, Skidmore, Ball
Ireland Mccaffery

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 02 March 10 17:36 GMT (UK) »
Is that her in 1851 with daughter Emma?

I think it might be  :-\

I couldent find them in 1841 :( what names and dob did you put into the search please. ??? You cant search  just using the references now  :(

Please dont  apologise, I am only to glad to have some help no matter what :)

Patrish.
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 02 March 10 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Found the 2 girls you mean, Emma and Ellen  I notice further down the page there is a Henry White 35 and an Elizabeth 30, so they could be thier children  :-\
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 02 March 10 17:42 GMT (UK) »
You can still search with the references but you need to change it to old or new search whiche ever you are on it will say in top right new/old search. I just used the Emma junior in 1851's dob and place of birth to get 1841 results, she wasn't top of the list but she was there. I thought you had found Emma senior (Whale) in 1851 already?
Flintshire Parry, Price, Lloyd, Jones, Williams, Roberts, Ellis, Holland and Davies. Mostly from Brynford area.
Scotland Clark, Duff, Ferrier, Cruikshanks, Robertson, Anderson, Mciver, Finlayson, Hodge, Galloway and Barrie
Ireland Mccaffery

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 02 March 10 17:43 GMT (UK) »
Ah i checked neighbours but that was as far as I got, perhaps they are aunt and uncle, did they have any kids?
Ireland Mccaffery

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 02 March 10 18:01 GMT (UK) »
I thought you had found Emma senior (Whale) in 1851 already?

Well thats what I am hoping as she does appear to have married a Thomas White who is Emma b 1833/4 father (according to her marriage cert in 1852 ) and thier marriage date of 1832  fits in nicely.

I wont be around for the next few hours although my light might be on, so please dont think I am not responding to you  if you post.

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 02 March 10 18:11 GMT (UK) »
Am I correct in assuming she married George Ayrton?
Ireland Mccaffery

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 02 March 10 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Yes  :D

I thought I had posted the link to the other thread  :-\

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,343254.0.html

I have checked FreeREG

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 02 March 10 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Do you have the marriage cert for Emma to George as it is on ancestry as is her parents suppossed parents marriage and a whole load of White baptisms but not that I have seen Emma. I looked again at Emma in 1851 with her mother and she is not in the same address as she was at the time of her marriage a year later (she was already living with her husband to be by the look of it!) which i would have thought is odd also looking at it more closely am not convinced Emma senior is widowed looks more like married to me. It just doesnt add up am now going to look at 1841 again note down sisters details and see if i can find her baptism   
Ireland Mccaffery