Author Topic: triplets born in Brighton 1920's?  (Read 1820 times)

Offline DarrenMW

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
triplets born in Brighton 1920's?
« on: Sunday 07 March 10 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Mothers name was Mary Ann (very likely Mrs. Wood or Hilton) almost certainly living on Washington Street, Brighton.

many thanks

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: triplets born in Brighton 1920's?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 March 10 17:15 GMT (UK) »
Mothers name was Mary Ann (very likely Mrs. Wood or Hilton) almost certainly living on Washington Street, Brighton.

Can you clarify exactly what you are asking for here?

If you are looking for confirmation of their births - this can be found by searching freebmd   http://freebmd.rootsweb.com

If you are looking for details of the parents - that can only be obtained by buying a copy of one of the birth certs
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline DarrenMW

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 March 10 18:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello Carole

I was for ANY info on them. If any Brighton folks recalled stories, pictures, of them as it caused quite a stir at the time.

Also, I didn't find a suitable match on FreeBMD, would you be kind enough to expand a little.

This is my 1st week of any kind of genealogy and I am still a newbie. I have just aquired Ancestry.com membership, so if it's easier for you to point me in the right direction, please feel free.

Thank you very much.  :)

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 March 10 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I got lost on your last thread  ;D  http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,441695.msg3055384.html#msg3055384

Mary Ann was I believe Emily Woods sister so have you established when she was born so we can work out when she married and to whom, then hopefully the triplets will follow using freebmd as CaroleW suggests.  ???  And of course what her maiden surname was  :o

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 07 March 10 18:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Your post gave no indication of what you were asking - you had just posted the details so we were left guessing.

Freebmd search - the address is not relevant nor the mothers christian names when searching on that website

You say their surname was either Hilton or Wood so you search freebmd for all births for those surnames in Sussex between 1918-1930.  

You will see a reference at the side of each entry found.  If you find the same reference against 3 entries in the same quarter of the same year and the mothers maiden name is the same on each entry - then you have found them

If you then want to check the likely parents - note the surname on the birth reg plus mothers maiden name and go to freebmd marriages and search for a marriage for those 2 surnames - do not confine your search to Sussex in case they married elsewhere
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline DarrenMW

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 07 March 10 18:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both, sincerely.  :)

I hope to assist others in the same way you, and many others, on here have helped me.

Rosie - Yeah, I got so overwhelmed with the Sears brood that I had trouble determining if that was the correct Mary  ::)

thanks again, much appreciated

Offline Roy G

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 08 March 10 08:20 GMT (UK) »
There were no triple births with Wood or Hilton as the mother's maiden name appearing as consecutive entries in the Brighton registers between 1920-1930 
However, the March quarter of 1930, has three children born in Brighton with the surname of Wood and mother's surname also Wood, but two appear on one page of the registers, and annoyingly, the other is two pages earlier.  As the Wood-Wood link is so significant, I think it would be wrong to discount them.  Their closeness in the Brighton Registers does suggest all three were all registered as a 'job lot' on the same day.   
Surname  First Name  mother's maiden surname
Wood       Anthony K  Wood  Brighton  2b page 291   
Wood       Donald W   Wood  Brighton  2b page 293   
Wood       Ronald W   Wood  Brighton  2b page 293   

sub notes
A total of about 600 births were registered in that quarter (that's about 20 a day) and  on Page 292 was an Annie R Wooley also mother's name of Wood.
also
I have found the Registrar's staff very amenable at Brighton, and if you make it clear that you do intend to purchase at least one or several certificates, they will obligingly look up the rogue entry and verbally verify if it was from the same address and had the same parents.

Roy G