Author Topic: DICKEY - IRELAND TO PENNSYVANIA  (Read 994 times)

Offline dinny

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DICKEY - IRELAND TO PENNSYVANIA
« on: Monday 08 March 10 03:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello - I would like to make contact with descendants of my g.g.grandfather Nathaniel DICKEY and his wife Elizabeth KELTER / DICKEY.  At one stage they were living in Germantown Philadelphia.

Nathaniel DICKEY was b. in Ireland c. 1790 and went to Pennsylvania (Philadelphia) about 1810.  He was a farmer.   

Elizabeth KELTER / DICKEY was born in Philadelphia Pennsylvania c. 1792.   

Some PA surnames connected to this couple are CRAIG, BROWNLEE, FUNK, KELTER.

Thanks - Dinny.

Online Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: DICKEY - IRELAND TO PENNSYVANIA
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 March 10 04:30 GMT (UK) »
You may know this, or may be one of the people, but there are a few people who have Nathaniel in their tree:
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline dinny

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 March 10 14:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lisa - Don't understand your messaage - are you a descendant?  He had a lot of children.   Thanks and regards - Diana.

Online Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 09 March 10 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Sorry for the confusion.  No, I am not related.

Looking at Rootsweb, there are a few people who list him in their trees:
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi
Type in his surname, given name and place of birth and click on search.  Several results come up; Nathaniel is included in their trees.  Some of the entries are "old" so I'm not sure you will still be able to contact the people who posted the information.  Best of luck with your search.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline dinny

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 10 March 10 00:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Lisa.  I have looked at all those.  None of those entries knows anything further about Nathaniel's life or family in Ireland.   I know when he arrived in the US and where but nothing in Ireland.   Difficult to find anything in Ireland.  Regards - Diana.