Author Topic: Emotional Rollercoaster  (Read 3184 times)

Offline NEILKE

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Rollercoaster
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 March 10 13:02 GMT (UK) »
hi luzzu that was grim i know what its like for someone to die on christmas day my dad did but he was in his 70s with your rellies it must have been a lot harder.we had no worry about funneral cost which back then they did and it was 5 years ago so my mam didnt have bring up young kids on her own.
neil
kenny from ireland befre moveing to north shields  flaxen/flexon from cumnor then sunderland robinson from rothbury then north shields urqhart somewhere in scotland then sunderland

Offline Luzzu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 08 March 10 13:14 GMT (UK) »
Sometimes I think I am lucky to be here at all, if you know what I mean.

Luzzu
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Armitage, Slaithwaite; Buck, Staffs & Hampshire; Buckley, Bolton & Manchester; Temple, London & Hampshire; Crummett, Norfolk & Burnley; Osborne, Cornwall & Burnley; Haigh, Manchester & Todmorden; Gralton/Grant, Manchester & Ireland; France, Manchester & Slaithwaite; Shackleton, Burnley & Yorkshire; Dicks, Nottingham & Wiltshire; Sowter, Derbyshire

Offline NEILKE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 08 March 10 13:16 GMT (UK) »
i know all i moan about the weather or  look at the price of this that and another.
neil
kenny from ireland befre moveing to north shields  flaxen/flexon from cumnor then sunderland robinson from rothbury then north shields urqhart somewhere in scotland then sunderland

Offline vcmt2008

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 09 March 10 07:48 GMT (UK) »
And what about finding the end of a line ?  Talk about sad!
BUMBY in Yorkshire (Leeds, Huddersfield, etc.) and Montana, and related names:  SUTTCLIFFE, BENTLEY, MEADLEY, BARSTOW/BASTOW, MARSDEN ....

BROOK in Yorkshire (Elland area) and Montana, and  related names:  CROSSLAND, OXLEY, ARMITAGE ....

Offline lmsfam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 11 March 10 04:28 GMT (UK) »
I think that sometimes the deaths, and other negative things we find, often overshadow the positive and happy things we learn. 

I think of my great grandmother.   She left England for the US in 1891 at the age of 19.  I think of her leaving home with just her one piece of luggage.   One of her brothers was in the US, but she must have left knowing  she would most likely never see her parents, siblings or other relatives again.   I can’t imagine having that amount of courage. 

lmsfam

Brooks (Dorset) & Barlow (Lancashire/Cheshire)

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 11 March 10 08:31 GMT (UK) »

Hi ...

I had spent a long time looking for my great grandfather. Should be easy as it was only around the early 1900's but I fell at every point.
 All I had was his name on grandad's birth and the marriage cert to grt gran but he was nowhere to be seen.
 We knew he had died when grandad was small and was killed on the railway. Albert Green could have been any where.
 I trawled deaths and found one in 1910 in Hendon for a 24year old...could it be.
 A trip to the local library followed as I searched the old newspapers and there it was all on the front page.. Local Man Killed by Train!
 4 years of emotion poured out I sat there crying. People asked was I ok all I could do was point at the screen and blub some more. I printed everything I could find, the inquest & the burial .
I posted all the info I now had on his re-married mother and bingo by 11:pm I had flown back in time.
 One of the most emotional days...sadness and joy in one.
Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk