Author Topic: Wills  (Read 3359 times)

Offline BOYTEN

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wills
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 March 10 12:59 GMT (UK) »
HI again dont understand the national archives site- tried putting in john ebers will 1790-1800 but nothing tried wills but got too many hits - not sure how to use it at all and have never been able to work the a2a site HELP !!! sorry bit stupid
davey wood

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 March 10 13:26 GMT (UK) »
I don't think it is you.  There just don't seem to be any Ebers wills there.  A search on Eb* for your dates using the advanced search comes back with a few entries but none look relevant.

Are there any other name variants that you should try?

David
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BOYTEN

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 10 March 10 13:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi thanks for that feel bit better now. The only other name would be Eber i think- its a German name - i am also looking for a will of his son John Ebers who died in 1858 in London- he was the owner of a bookshop in old bond street so should have made a will- aso his daughter was married to william harrison ainsworth the famous victorian novelist who wrote dick turpin so there was a lot of money around- he was also the manager of the Kings theatre in Haymarket and poured in - and lost thousands of pounds there. Would also like to see william harrison ainsworths will but not even bringing that up
davey wood

Offline nigelp

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 10 March 10 13:39 GMT (UK) »
The earlier part of this thread concerns the location of and details of obtaining post 1858 wills.

Nigel
Essex - Burrell, Thorogood
Norfolk - Alcock, Bowen, Bowers, Breeze, Burton, Creamer, Hammond, Sparkes, Wakefield, Wiggett
North Devon - Burgess, Chalacombe, Collacott, Goss
Northamptonshire - George, Letts, Muscutt, Richardson
Somerset - Barber
Wiltshire - Brine, Burges, Carey, Gray, Lywood, Musselwhite, Perris, Read, Turner, Wilkins

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BOYTEN

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 10 March 10 13:42 GMT (UK) »
thanks nigel will try that
davey wood