Author Topic: Maria Badger, Merthyr Tydfil !  (Read 1261 times)

Offline astley7

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Maria Badger, Merthyr Tydfil !
« on: Wednesday 10 March 10 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Looking for a death of a Maria bashfield. born in 1780s. We believe that she came to MT from Kingswinford area where she married a Edward Badger. They was in MT abt 1816 (from Baptism records) and we have a newspaper item from her husband bankruptcy in MT in 1833 where they kept a shop in Caedraw, but in 1841 she can not be found on the Census. We have her husband on census but not her. (Although there are 7 mis spelling of Badger on 1841 census so its been hard locating them ) I have spent months in MT RO looking for a death record to no Avail. I believe to have all deaths for the Badgers within MT but no Death recording for Maria her age we have her Children/two sons burrials and graves. but no Maria. Any help woild be great
Best wishes Lisa
Greenland, Carter, Saunders, Price, Andrews, Lewis, Issac, Astley, Thomas, Yeats. Badger, Drew, Francis, Matthews

Offline cardiff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Maria Badger, Merthyr Tydfil !
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 March 10 12:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi
This might be stupid but did she go back to family where she was born? Are all her children still in MT in 1841?
 Does it give edward as a widow in 1851?
Just a thought sometimes you have to look outside the box!
cheers cardiff ???
All CensusTranscriptions are Crown Copyright

Read Wiltshire /Pontypridd
Dove Lincolnshire/Pontypridd/Cardiff
Barnhouse Cardiff/Pontypridd
Wilkes Shropshire/ Staffordshire/ Rhondda
Fletchers Staffordshire/ Glamorgan
Wright Somerset/ Glamorgan
Probert Cardigan/Rhondda/Shropshire
Jenkins Cardigan
Lewis Cardigan
Morgan Penderyn/Pontypridd
Stephens Penderyn
David Glamorgan
Whitby Forest Dean
Hughes Goodrich/Pontypridd
Jackson/Smith London /Kent/Glamorgan
Hughes Maesteg/Ynyshire

Offline astley7

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Maria Badger, Merthyr Tydfil !
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 March 10 16:24 GMT (UK) »
Its a long story on this. The family the sons we know of Thomas  James also a charles All died before 1851 James died 1846 and left a wife, rebecca and children. Edward is on the 1841 Census living with James , Rebecca and children. There is also a girl called Ann Badger aged 15 who i believe to be Edwards and Maria but ther is no Baptism records unlike the other children. I have ordered the death cert for who I believe is for this Ann. Cant find any burial for Ann unlike the other siblings who were burried in St Tydfils MT. On the Census I have found in 1851 in Gloucester. I can see to find any information stating he was a widow just like on the 1841 its very limited information. Its been a brick wall for a while until i found newspaper clipping regarding the bankruptcy in 1833 that stated he had another son thomas and indeed her name was Maria not Martha that was on James Baptism records. But still we have been unable to find a death record for Maria even with this new information.
Best wishes
Lisa
Greenland, Carter, Saunders, Price, Andrews, Lewis, Issac, Astley, Thomas, Yeats. Badger, Drew, Francis, Matthews