Author Topic: Edwards family from north Wales  (Read 4909 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards family from north Wales
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 14:42 GMT (UK) »
I can only suggest a new topic you might start on the Flintshire Board on this Site about Robert Edwards born in Halkyn in c 1808.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Texgirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 December 23 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello trot30,

My fourth great-grandfather was William Edwards born 24 May 1799, according to his tombstone in Morehouse Parish, Louisiana.  According to an 1850 census of this parish he was born in England. The earliest record here in the states that I have found of him is in Dallas County, Alabama.  I don't know exactly where he came into the states or when. He would have had to have come sometime between 1799 and 1826.  I also don't know if he came over with his parents or by himself when he came of age, nor If he has any siblings.

I have reason to believe that my William's parents MIGHT be William Pemberton Edwards and Sarah Lewis who had a child, William Edwards, born 24 May 1798 near Oswestry, Shropshire, England.  William Pemberton Edwards himself was born 13 Aug 1769 in Denbighshire Co., Wales near Wrexham to William Edwards and Sarah (Pemberton?).

If you think we might have a connection between our Edwards', I will pursue the farm/house you mentioned  in the states. Do you know approximately what area of the United States the farm/house was located in? And a year range?

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 25 December 23 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Trot30  hasn't been online for quite a few years,  hopefully they might get notification of your post.

Welcome to Rootschat 🙂
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Texgirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 25 December 23 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. I finally realized that after I sent the post.  I do hope so.  I may also just resend it on a new post.

And thank you for the welcome!