Author Topic: Bryan Carthy drowned 1869 Kingstown:what happened his widow & 4 young children?  (Read 9018 times)

Offline Xotan

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello Eadaoin,

Rathdown is, of course right.  A stupid mistake on my part. 

Apologies to all.

David

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Bryan Carthy drowned 1869 Kingstown:what happened his widow & 4 young children?
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 01 July 10 16:32 BST (UK) »
found Flynn's cottages near to Westmoreland bridge on the 25" map on the OSI website : Flynn's Cottages, Cross Guns  Right in the location described by Ruairķ and near to the branch of the canal that Xotan described.

(when viewing the map press '8' or click on the Historic 25" option, to view the correct map version )

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Mrs Dalloway

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bryan Carthy drowned 1869 Kingstown:what happened his widow & 4 young children?
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 01 July 10 16:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks a million Shane - this is so clear, I'll easily be able to locate the area today.  What a great site.  Brilliant!

Clarissabell. :)

Offline Sarah lennon

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Hello my great grandfather was named john flynn of 'Flynn's cottages' Cross Guns
Several members of his family lived in the cottages by the canal. My grandfather was born there and lived with his siblings.

Offline Rose Higgins

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Hello, My maidan name Rose Flynn I was born to my Parents Alice and William Flynn who lived in 6
 Flynns cottages, My grandfather was John Flynn who was the owner of the Carrier  business, I was born in Jan 1942, and in Jan 1943 all the cottages were knocked down , Most of the residents moved to Cabra West or East, the Names are my family Flynns, Mc Mahon, Allans, Murreys to east Cabra, I remember the name carthy  being on the census but not sure where this family moved to. I still live here in Cabra

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re the original posting for Bryan Carthy he may not be the man who died in Kingstown.
I just found Anne Carthy's marriage to James Daly transcribed as Daby on Irish Genealogy
Anne's parents were Brian and Mary from Longwood ,Co Meath, at the time of the marriage Brian was decd but Mary was alive in Longwood.
James Daly's address was Crumlin.
https://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/display-pdf.jsp?pdfName=st.michans_mf_1856-1888_ma_0482

there were two other Brian Carthy's living in Kingstown
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F55L-9X1

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FPBQ-QS4

Offline Mrs Dalloway

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 31 October 22 15:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello, My maidan name Rose Flynn I was born to my Parents Alice and William Flynn who lived in 6
 Flynns cottages, My grandfather was John Flynn who was the owner of the Carrier  business, I was born in Jan 1942, and in Jan 1943 all the cottages were knocked down , Most of the residents moved to Cabra West or East, the Names are my family Flynns, Mc Mahon, Allans, Murreys to east Cabra, I remember the name carthy  being on the census but not sure where this family moved to. I still live here in Cabra
Hi Rose. I am so sorry that your reply went unanswered for so long. Thank you so much for your reply. I am only now getting back into the family tree - If I find anything on this branch of the family I will let you know.  Regards, Michelle