Author Topic: Benjamin Trethewy EDDY 1824-1866  (Read 5781 times)

Offline Nikki 67

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Trethewy EDDY 1824-1866
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 07 February 12 17:32 GMT (UK) »
hi there
i have been looking down your postings with some interest. i dont know if you are still using this site? if i have no reply then the answer will be no.
my ggg grandfather was a benjamin trethewey eddy, married to a jane matthews. i have an original birth certificate for one of their children, william henry dob 18.12.1847 and the marriage certificate of paul eddy and mary bryant 27.4.1873 paul being benjamins son. your information ties up with mine and i would be very interested in chatting or pm with you about your findings and pass on any info i have to you.
hopefully we will get to speak 

Offline Guidingspirit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 07 February 12 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello there, I haven't been on Roots Chat in ages as I have just about exhausted my entire family tree but I was so excited to get the notification of your posting. We are definitely talking about the same family and I would love to share what I know with you so will be in touch (just off to bed after a long day). I have lots of information which you may or may not have so it will be good to share what we know. Thank you so much for contacting me, Kindest regards, Jean.

Offline Guidingspirit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 08 February 12 21:55 GMT (UK) »
I have tried to PM you Nikki 67 but for some reason it won't send - will try again soon. Jean

Offline Guidingspirit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 10 February 12 18:20 GMT (UK) »
I have been trying to PM you but it won't send - says something about reaching max limit or something which I don't understand as I kept the message short. Don't really want to advertise my e-mail address on here so don't really know how I can contact you - have you any suggestions?

Offline Guidingspirit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 10 February 12 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nikki 67 I think I have solved the PM dilemma - apparently you have got to have made 3 postings on rootschat before you can use the PM system and as you have only made the one posting that is the reason I can't contact you. If you want you can make a couple of postings on here about what info you have and then we will be able to get in touch via the PM. Hope that is helpful - best I can do :( Kindest regards, Jean

Offline Nikki 67

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 13 February 12 17:24 GMT (UK) »
hi jean
phew! iv gone round in circles trying to find you again. im so sorry, i hadnt realised the rules and have only just signed up to roots web. il send you another reply and see if we get contact. ???

Offline Nikki 67

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 13 February 12 17:27 GMT (UK) »
 hi im back
boy this is hard work, hopefully the pm will be easier. iv had a busy weekend having been to a funeral, and when i came back on here i got totally confused. not the easiest of sites to navigate but im learning. stumbled on these messages by accident. speak soon hopefully
nikki

Offline Getzy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 16 November 12 17:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jean, I am an absolute beginner to all this, but am excited to let you know that thanks to your research, I have discovered that Benjamin Trewethy Eddy was my great great maternal grandfather. I was born and raised in Brixham. :)

Offline Guidingspirit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 17 November 12 15:56 GMT (UK) »
That is really exciting - Benjamin's life is so interesting but also so very tragic. Hope you have been able to read my accounts on Ancestry as they really bring the family to life. Would you be able to let me know which of his children you are related to as I would be really interested to know how you fit in to the scheme of things - you can private message me if you would rather. I too was brought up in Brixham and still live here - it's a wonderful place with such a rich history. It is through Benjamin's mother Charity Trethewy that we can trace our family back to the crowned heads of Europe - have you got that far yet? Please let me know if I can help with anything,
Kindest regards, Jean