Author Topic: Headons  (Read 1831 times)

Offline caz1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Headons
« on: Saturday 13 March 10 10:16 GMT (UK) »
My great grandfather emigrated to South Africa in 1926.  He, Arthur Headon and his wife Ellen Headon sailed from Southampton to Cape Town on 13 February 1926 aboard the Armadale Castle of the Union-Castle Mail S.S.Co.Ltd line. With them were son John Headon and wife Dorothy, Daughter Mona Roomes and husband Robert Roomes and son Peter Roomes, son William Headon and daughter Ethel Headon.
Once they reach South Africa I know nothing of them, where they lived what they did when they married/died/had children etc so any info would be good.  I DO know that they were in the shirt manufacturing business and I believe Headon's shirts were fairly well known.

Offline Christopher Lainis

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Headons
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 February 20 09:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Caz,

So I'm 100% this is my great great grandfather please reach out to me and I can give you all the I formation my family has on him

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Headons
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 February 20 10:02 GMT (UK) »
This was posted on the 13/3/2010 by Caz so you may need to send them a personal message. To do so you have to make 2 more posts on the Forum. I see Caz last used this Forum on the 14/3/2010.
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.