Author Topic: Dawley address  (Read 7801 times)

Offline Uplands

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dawley address
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 07 April 10 16:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Freda, I have sent you my address via a PM.

Bob.

Offline sharmar

• RootsChat Member
  • Grandad Woodvine
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 07 April 10 18:16 BST (UK) »
Freda

After looking at the 1911 census I'm not so sure now - going to recheck my maps will get back to you.

Bob

Just out of interest I have just found a 'Pheasant Inn' at 56 King street would that be where 'the cunnery' was?  Somewhere under Church hill Courts/Social club?
Harris(Madeley), Harris(Ironbridge) Woodvine (Dawley & anywhere else), Britton (Broseley), Hoof (Wombridge, Dawley, Shifnal), Perry (Dawley & Wellington, Deakin (Wellington), Humphries (Wombridge & Dawley), Underwood (Hinkshay) Davies (Grinshall area), Buckley (Madeley) Hamphlett (various spellings Madeley).

Offline Uplands

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 07 April 10 19:44 BST (UK) »
Sharmar

It stands a good chance, there seem to have been pubs all over the place in those days!
Are you by any chance related to Sue Woodvine of Old park rd?

Bob.

Offline sharmar

• RootsChat Member
  • Grandad Woodvine
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 07 April 10 20:02 BST (UK) »
I may well be Bob!  I never know these days who I'm related to!  Would that be Sue Clayton? If so distantly - her husbands grandfather was my great, great grandfathers brother.

My moms the Woodvine, Margaret - her father (in picture on left) was Jack Woodvine - one leg (accident down kemberton pit) If you had the Queens then I believe my moms first husband used to drink there, Pete Harris.  They divorced late 60's I'm from her second marriage.

Just going back to your time on King street - remember old man Osbourne?  Lived at the big house on the corner, nice man and I think hes been gone along time now.

Harris(Madeley), Harris(Ironbridge) Woodvine (Dawley & anywhere else), Britton (Broseley), Hoof (Wombridge, Dawley, Shifnal), Perry (Dawley & Wellington, Deakin (Wellington), Humphries (Wombridge & Dawley), Underwood (Hinkshay) Davies (Grinshall area), Buckley (Madeley) Hamphlett (various spellings Madeley).

Offline Uplands

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 07 April 10 20:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for that Freda, I will post it on this thread for all to see.
The funny thing about all of this is that this picture looks very much like the house that we lived in, No 84 which was a pub many, many years ago. Surely this is too much of a coincidence!
I have got to go out in a few moments so I will look forward to any replies when I log on again tomorrow.

Regards, Bob.