Author Topic: WHITTET Catherine Anderson death Cert 1864 Perth  (Read 3608 times)

Offline Antdamm

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WHITTET Catherine Anderson death Cert 1864 Perth
« on: Tuesday 16 March 10 16:53 GMT (UK) »
I have a death cert for Catherine Anderson Whittet, who died in Perth in 1864.

Married to a Charles Whittet. Aged 30

Her parents are listed as John Moir and Ann Moir - maiden name Brown
Dundee:
Byrne, Cooney, Clark, Wilson, Milne, McCormack, Wynn, Taylor, Morrison, Traynor, Stewart, Kilmartin, Hays, Cheape, Hosie, Carr, Stormont.

Ireland: Devanah, Byrne, Traynor, Carr, Canon.

Offline TWhittet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Anderson Whittet death Cert 1864 Perth
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 January 11 10:52 GMT (UK) »
I'm very new to researching genealogy so please forgive me if I this question is stupid!

In my family tree http://basseq.com/whittet/whittetdescendancy.html#INDI729  I found the following record

VII. Charles Stobie Whittet [son of David, vi. ; son of William, v. ; son of Laurence, iv. ] Born February 2, 1835 at Fowlis-Wester, Perthshire, Scotland. Married Catherine Anderson Moir (born approximately 1835; died September 12, 1864), daughter of —— Moir and Ann —— of Scotland, April 7, 1856 in Dron, Perthshire, Scotland. Married, 2d, Agnes Halley (born approximately 1834) of Perth, Perthshire, Scotland, November 20, 1866.

that seems to match the death certificate you have.  I'm wondering if there is more information that may connect this record to my family tree.

I've just logged onto rootschat tonight after finding listings for my family name, Whittet, on here via a google search and found this message made a while ago and finding a link to my family tree, I had to reply.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Tami
Florida, USA

Whittet, Bell

Offline Antdamm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 January 11 17:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi  Tami.

If you PM your email address I can email a copy of the cert over to you.

I am in no way connected to a whittet family tree, this entry just happened to be on the same page as another entry I was looking for. I am more than happy to pass  it on to you!

Happy hunting
Natalie
Dundee:
Byrne, Cooney, Clark, Wilson, Milne, McCormack, Wynn, Taylor, Morrison, Traynor, Stewart, Kilmartin, Hays, Cheape, Hosie, Carr, Stormont.

Ireland: Devanah, Byrne, Traynor, Carr, Canon.

Offline TWhittet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 23 January 11 01:03 GMT (UK) »
Natalie

Thank you for responding so quickly.  I can't PM someone just yet (1 more to go) as new members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility but don't mind putting my email address on here.

I'd appreciate it if you can send the certificate to me at (*) and again thank you so much!

Tami

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Whittet, Bell