Author Topic: GR: SUPER Hot Matches  (Read 3244 times)

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
Re: GR: SUPER Hot Matches
« Reply #27 on: Monday 05 April 10 15:41 BST (UK) »
On the other hand there are the annoying people who request access to your tree with no information and no previous contact.  I had one the other day who I asked why he wanted to see my tree.  His reply was that he was looking for a list of surnames, none of which appeared in my tree.  I remained polite and suggested that before he contacted people he should at least do a search on his names to see if there were any matches however remote.

David

Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 05 April 10 19:25 BST (UK) »
I've had contact with a few nice people on GR since I added my complete tree.  One or two giving me info and one or two asking for info.  Although my ancestors didn't match with the ones asking for info, I was able to help them by checking some census, so as I always say what goes around comes around, and I was glad of the info from the ones who helped me.

Lizzie

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 06 April 10 13:21 BST (UK) »
As you say Lizzie, most people researching familiy history are decent who express genuine appreciation for another researcher's efforts. There are as in every field a few who in Yorkshire would be described as "Wassocks", and are only interested in their own selfish interests.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)