Author Topic: axford/imber  (Read 3099 times)

Offline babsrich1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
axford/imber
« on: Thursday 18 March 10 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I'm struggling with  a Sarah Imber born about 1756 in Upton Lovell wilts mother Mary she married a john axford, i need to know how she links onto the imber family of wiltshire but i'm realy struggling to find this information
also with thomas axford born in sherringham wilts? in 1712 also am struggling for information
any help would be received gratefully
Richard

Online garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: axford/imber
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 March 10 08:39 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Richard...her christening is on www.familysearch.org and luckily enough is an EXTRACTED church record...that`s good news
Sarah Imber christened 11th July 1756 Upton Lovell ,Wiltshire
mother ...Mary Imber
if you just put in   Imber     england      and trawl through ALL the Wiltshire records you will see that a Mary Imber is registered as late as 1944...buried in Upton Lovell...BUT ...her dad ELI IMBER was born in Sherrington Wilts as was in fact Mary...working back there is definite family links with the Sherrington and Upton Wells IMBER families..what you have to look at is the earliest IMBER is George and Grace Imber who have a daughter christened 17th Sep 1634....this is pre English Civil War and is only a submitted record although it does give the church...Codford Saint Peter, Wiltshire,...they then seem to be born in Tisbury ...then Upton Wells then Sherrington and back to Upton Wells......the interesting thing is the Sherrington births being buried in Upton Wells...
I NOTICE YOU HAVE SHERRINGHAM...should this be Sherrington ? or is there also a Sherringham ?

John Axford married Sarah Imber 26th Dec 1793 in Sherrington,Wilts  again..this is only a submitted record..
there are 2 submitted records for John Axford b 1773 Shirrington, slight spelling difference.....allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Online garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 March 10 09:17 GMT (UK) »
I have just had a good trawl through the Thomas Axford b abt 1712 Sherrington and it would appear he married
SARAH SANDERS
4th Nov 1739 in Sherrington, Wiltshire...

a Thomas Axford christened 30 dec 1754 Upton Lovell ...so I don`t know how far Sherrington to Upton Lovell is but both families are switching to these two villages OR they are seperate families ...I`ll check the distance...allan

2 miles apart...ha ha....I would think that in 1712 onwards, that the Axford family from Sherrington and Upton Lovell are definitely all related and the same goes for the Imber family....allan :o
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline babsrich1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 March 10 11:22 GMT (UK) »
thanks allan very helpfull givesme yet another illigitamate ancester if mary imber is her maiden name and not married
rich