Author Topic: HUNTER family in Dundee  (Read 2920 times)

Tygerr

HUNTER family in Dundee
« on: Tuesday 23 March 10 18:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I've done quite a bit of research into the family of James HUNTER (b. abt 1840 - d. 15 Aug 1915 in Dundee, Scotland), who married Ann GAVINE (b. 14 Jan 1839, St. Vigeans, Angus, Scotland - d. 15 Oct 1911, Dundee, Scotland).

Particularly into the line of one of his sons, David Gavine HUNTER (b. 6 Jun 1865, Dundee, Scotland) who ultimately ended up emigrating to South Africa where he died in 1930.

If anyone has any interests in this family or research pertaining to it, please let me know. Perhaps we have information that is of use to one another.

Offline Temae

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HUNTER family in Dundee
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 April 19 21:19 BST (UK) »
Hi I’m currently researching on my family tree and saw this post.  I am a descendant of David Gavine Hunter born to parents that emigrated from Dundee, Scotland to South Africa where I was born but now live in England.  My gran Mother’s father was David Gavine Hunter and Isabel May Roscoe. I’m eager to get in contact with family from the same blood line.

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 April 19 22:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Temae and a very warm welcome to rootschat.

Are you on Ancestry by any chance?

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline Tygerr

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 November 19 17:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi I’m currently researching on my family tree and saw this post.  I am a descendant of David Gavine Hunter born to parents that emigrated from Dundee, Scotland to South Africa where I was born but now live in England.  My gran Mother’s father was David Gavine Hunter and Isabel May Roscoe. I’m eager to get in contact with family from the same blood line.

Hi Temae - we are definitely related then, if only somewhat distantly. Your great-grandfather was my great-grandfather's brother. The David Gavine Hunter who married Isabel May Roscoe was the son of the David Gavine Hunter I originally wrote about in my post (from ten years ago). His other son was my great-grandfather Alexander Nicholson Hunter.

I have a great deal of information about this family, going back to Scotland and Ireland, as well as the many family members who settled in South Africa.

Send me a PM and we can exchange details if you'd like.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 24 November 19 20:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tygerr

Both you and Temae need a couple of posts on the main boards before you can use the Private Message service.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk