Author Topic: Place Name: Margree? Scotland  (Read 11241 times)

Offline brianandgail

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Place Name: Margree? Scotland
« Reply #18 on: Monday 17 May 10 21:08 BST (UK) »
Hi

I only just noticed your posts in April. I have been off-line for a while. Thank you so much for the information. As you say, when the records go on-line it will be a boon for me. Meanwhile you have given me lots of leads to follow. Thanks again for your interest and expertise.

Brian Murray

Offline katiek1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Place Name: john murray
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 12 May 12 22:24 BST (UK) »
 :)john murray was my grt grandfather james was my grandad john did marry catherine hobson & live in manchester.he joined the army & was based in manchester i have lots more info if you are interested

Offline brianandgail

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 12 May 12 22:59 BST (UK) »
Wow, that's fantastic news. I've been stuck at this stage for a couple of years. I would love to hear more about John Murray. My name is Brian Murray. I was born in *, near Manchester. I am * and have lived in Australia for 20+ years. My father was James Murray, born 23.07.1910 in Manchester.
His father (my grandfather) was James Murray (b: 11.06.1880) and Sarah Margaret Murray (b: 31.10.1880).
His father (my great-grandfather) was John Murray (b: 18.08.1845)
His father (my great-great-grandfather) was the John Murray I don't know anything about, except that he was 'in Margree' and that, for whatever reason, he left the baby with Eilzabeth Donaldson in Dalry.
My email address is (*)
I would love to find out more.
Thanks again for replying to the post.
Brian Murray

(*) Moderator Comment: personal details and e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline katiek1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 13 May 12 09:18 BST (UK) »
my dad was james murray b 24/09/1906 his father james murray b 1880 mother sarah (shelton) murray b1882 grandfather john b dalry 1845 it being sunday & me being roman catholic ime off to mass will get birth/marriage /death certs out when i get home & email you the info just to let you know my dad said his grandfathers mother & father were differant religions which made a differance in those days poss why not married maybe john murray was a seasonal worker from ireland also roman catholic!