Author Topic: Sir Charles George Smith's family - Durban, Natal  (Read 23111 times)

Offline Barrie Green

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sir Charles George Smith's family - Durban, Natal
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 07 December 14 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello DVR,
I am a first cousin three times removed to Sir Charles Smith of the Illovo Sugar Co. This connection is through the Smith family of Dartmouth, Devon, England and my g.grandmother Annie Norah Smith of London, England came out to New Zealand in the mid 1860's.

You can read this connection on P1 of this Topic enquiry. Contact me again if you need help with the Sir Charles George Smith Family. I have no real details on the Sugar Co.
Faith Green

Offline dvr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 07 December 14 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello DVR,
I am a first cousin three times removed to Sir Charles Smith of the Illovo Sugar Co. This connection is through the Smith family of Dartmouth, Devon, England and my g.grandmother Annie Norah Smith of London, England came out to New Zealand in the mid 1860's.

You can read this connection on P1 of this Topic enquiry. Contact me again if you need help with the Sir Charles George Smith Family. I have no real details on the Sugar Co.
Faith Green

Hi Faith,

I was only looking on the Pearce side, this original post came up on google when searching for Pearce,  thanks though, If I need any info on Mr CG Smith Ill definitely send some enquiries your way! Thanks Dean

Offline BBW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 08 December 14 08:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi dvr!
My mother was Barbara Edge (she married W.W. Wiltshire - my father) (both died years ago)
Her mother was Olive Pearce (Illovo Sugar Pearce)

Offline dvr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 08 December 14 13:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi dvr!
My mother was Barbara Edge (she married W.W. Wiltshire - my father) (both died years ago)
Her mother was Olive Pearce (Illovo Sugar Pearce)

Hi! if your name is Barbara Wiltshire then my mom was first cousins with your mom and we are 2nd cousins I believe... Both my mom and I are 'laat lammetjies'. My mom passed away last year in Amanzimtoti where she spent most of her life, we had been back to 'Eden' (the Pearce home) a few times living literally a 15 minutes up from Illovo. I'm currently in England and my sister in Cape Town. If you would like some family history and family tree info then I can email it to you... my wife and cousin Judy (Pearce - France) are into the history and family tree related things...  I can email you the info if you are interested, we were looking for some info on tracking family history from William Pearce from the period before the Pearce's traveled to SA in the late 1800s. thanks Dean.

Offline BBW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 10 December 14 01:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dean,
I sent you an email!
Barbara