Author Topic: DADE/BLOMFIELD Family  (Read 5780 times)

Offline gwenart

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DADE/BLOMFIELD Family
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 30 March 10 10:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Yi Win,
 Thanks for clearing up the Susan Blumfield coming into the picture via another tree.We shall follow this up.We have also followed your advice and posted on the Norfolk site but so far that has produced no results.
  We have also been in touch with the Norfolk Record Office and that is how we got the print-out of the marriage record for 1790 in Pulham but they could find no record of any baptisms.  Thanks for the Pulham St Mary site which is laid out in the sort of clear format that we like but unfortunately our Dades were married in Pulham St Mary Magdalen which is apparently the other church in the area.But it was still a good thought.The Dades appear to have moved all the family to Naughton but we still expect to find some brothers or sisters of the parents to pop up somewhere.
  Gwenart.

Offline Yi Win

• RootsChat Senior
  • de Blunvil - Blomvyle - Blomfield - Bloomfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 30 March 10 11:01 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I couldnt find you on the Norfolk site.

I take it that there are no Dades or Bloomfields in Pulham prior to yours then!

Yi

de Blunvil, Blomville. Blomvyle, Blomfield, Bloomfield, Gotterson, Tuck, de Burgh,

Offline windy_miller

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 25 April 10 19:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Gwenart et al,

Much more interesting info on the Blomfield miller of Thorpe near Norwich can be found on this brilliant milling website:-

http://www.norfolkmills.co.uk/WindmillsN/thorpe-mousehold-postmill.html

There are also many other Blomfield refs to be found on this website created by Jonathan Neville.  I love it!

I'm building a database on Suffolk mills and would be happy to check any blombfield, bloomfield, blumfield or even Dades you may want.  And I would also love to receive any info relating to your families that refers to mills (Wind or Water).

Happy hunting,

Windy Miller
windmills, watermills, steam-mills, bark-mills, cotton mills, &c. millwrights & millers