Author Topic: Samuel Harrison baker/confectioner  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Motorbikerdave

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Harrison baker/confectioner
« Reply #9 on: Monday 21 August 23 09:54 BST (UK) »
Did you know Samuels son also was a baker and confectioner and had a shop on bridge street in Belper until about 1900 which would have been running at the same time as Samuel and Jemima
John was my great great grandad and Samuel would have been my 3rd great grandad. The chip shop that was mentioned earlier and goes a long way back off the main road was the old bake house . Samuel married Jemima walker and John also married a Walker Elizabeth. Samuels dad was Henry who was born at Stainsborough hall in Wirksworth

Offline Daisy01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Harrison baker/confectioner
« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 August 23 15:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Motorbikerdave , thanks for the additional information on the Harrison’s.
I believe we’ve “ spoken” before on ancestry. I’ve just sent you another message.

I’m still looking for any pictures of any of the bakers/ confectioners shops but I think that’s a lost cause nowadays. I believe I have some recipes from when Mary Harrison had the coffee tavern in Eastwood . Any information, family tales / stories/ pictures would be great . I have a fair amount of names/ dates,  basic information but would like to put meat on the bones. That’s what makes the family tree come alive .