Author Topic: Abraham Ramsay marriage to Ann Dancy abt 1820-1824 ?  (Read 4563 times)

Offline mindfulroz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Abraham Ramsay marriage to Ann Dancy abt 1820-1824 ?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 23 October 23 09:58 BST (UK) »
Hi just one other thing - in the post you mention "And elderly Ramsay cousins are mentioned in the 1977 letter" I've not come across this letter - is there anyway of finding out more about this letter
Thanks
Roz

Offline miles_hagen_bown

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 27 October 23 04:44 BST (UK) »
You've got me there. 1977 letter. After looking at the documents I have on ancestry.com and not finding it, I think it may be a letter that my mother in law Jane Christie, received from a cousin, Allan James Bain nee James Gibson Bain), son of Mary Ramsay, married to and divorced from James Gibson Bain. But the cousins reference, is not ringing a bell, it's been several years since I posted.

Oh I found the letter, amazing, right where it should have been.

April 8, 1977 letter from Allan James Bain and his wife Maxine, to Jane (Christie) and Donald Barber.

Dear Jane & Don,

I don't dare put your note away, as I'll never get to it again!

This is the only information I have on the Allan family.

Daniel Allan born 6/17/1868 in Johnston, Scotland (near Glasgow). He died 2/1/53
Esther Allan, born 12/1/[18]62 in Caledonia, Ontario, Canada died 4/29/49. Father was George Ramsey[sic], mother was Mary Patterson.

This is all the information I have. There is a cousin Miss Ethel Ramsey [sic] in Caledonia, Ontario who might give you more information on Grandmother Allan. Her sister is Mrs. Earl (Helen) Winger, they live together.

Do trust you will have a good trip to Scotland & England. Sounds interesting.

We are well & plan to go to Canandaigua Lake again this summer Jun-Sept. We've been retired now for 10 years. The time has flown by we do keep busy.

Love
Maxine & Allan

Offline mindfulroz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 27 October 23 10:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you
Roz

Offline miles_hagen_bown

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 27 October 23 18:49 BST (UK) »
I have not yet come across Helen or Ethel and how they fit into MIL's family