Author Topic: WWI medal - Army I think  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Dean1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • 9 brig. Royal Fusiliers War Diary (large portion)
    • View Profile
Re: WWI medal - Army I think
« Reply #9 on: Monday 05 April 10 12:52 BST (UK) »
I had a GGG Grandmother called Harriet Seward.   She was a member of the Seward Steam Engine family in Petersfield, Hampshire (I think the company started after her).    I was intrigued when looking at another well-known genealogy site today (GR) under the name Seward to see that someone has a medal in their possession for an S Seward and is looking for a home for it.

I cannot possibly claim it because I descended on the female side and I don't know of the person anyway.

He was:  S Seward - it is a WWI medal and is engraved T2SR-01915 WO Cl.1 - this, I believe, is a Warrant Officers medal.   

What is T2SR?    Is it possible for some kind person to look up this chaps MIC - I would be most humbly grateful.   I am curious.

Sue

I now have the military paperwork on Samuel Seward b c1880 either St. Helens Lancashire or Stratford, London, E15.   I also have the 1911 census with the family on it - they were living in Stratford as "boarders" in Edith Way,  Chandos Road, Stratford, E15.   His wife pre-marriage was Amy Rose Silp born Stratford, Essex.

The paperwork was sent to me by someone researching Sewards in Australia but turned out not be connected to their family.    I just wondered, with so many people researching Seward, if there is anyone out there who wants this - the medal remains on GR website.

Sue

To Moderator:   I am sorry if this is in the wrong place but was unsure where to put it.

ANDERSON (Kings Lynn, Norfolk) BREWER (Somerset) BALDWIN (Catfield, Norfolk) CRONSHAW(Accrington, Lancs) DEAN (Accrington, Lancs) FOSTER, FORSTER (Astbury, Cheshire AND Canada AND U.S.A.) BRIGHT (London) ROWLAND (Essex and Hampshire) SEWARD (Petersfield, Hampshire) BAILEY/ BROWN (Biddulph, Staffordshire)