Author Topic: JONES, Thomas and wife Jane, of Llangedwyn, Llansilin, Llanyblodwel and Selattyn  (Read 1404 times)

Offline bdconnel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am interest in contact from anyone researching the family of Thomas Jones and his wife, Jane (surname unknown). According to the 1851 Census (H107/1993/263/1) this couple were living at the Gyrn, Selattyn, Shropshire with their children: Thomas, born c. 1842, Llanyblodwel, SALOP, Ann, born c. 1844 Llanyblodwel, John, born 1846, Llanyblodwel, William, born c. 1848, Llanyblodwel and Joseph, born c. 1850, Selattyn. In the earlier 1841 Census (H107/914/6-7/3), Thomas and Jane Jones are living in Prospect Cottage, Llanblodwel, SALOP with children: Mary, born c. 1836, Margaret, born c. 1837, and David born c. 1839. My wife is descended from the two-year old David Jones listed in the 1841 census and later censuses indicate that he was born at Llangedwyn, Denbighshire, which would seem to indicate that the other two children in the 1841 census were born there as well (the 1841 census shows them as being born outside Shropshire). In the 1841 census, Thomas Jones age is given as 27 and Jane Jones as 29. In the 1851 census Thomas Jones is aged 38 and born in Llangedwyn, Denbighshire, while Jane is also aged 38, born in Llanrhaeadr, Denbighshire. It's a pity that none of the children listed in the 1841 census are listed in the 1851 census, so I'm not sure that I have the same family, nevertheless, the other details seem to dovetail. If anyone has any more information about the above or is related in any way, I would love to hear from you.

Cheers   :)

Bryan