Author Topic: *COMPLETED* THANKS**Triplets maybe.. STILL Brighton Patcham  (Read 3012 times)

Offline ednamay

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
*COMPLETED* THANKS**Triplets maybe.. STILL Brighton Patcham
« on: Tuesday 30 March 10 07:02 BST (UK) »
Hi,    am just satisfying my curiosity on behalf of a friend for whom I am researching STILL families Patcham . 1881 census shows this family at Arnold St Brighton ie William and Ann STILL with 3 children plus unnamed twin daughters 14 days but blurred/indistinct on anotherr line below that. Freebmd shows births june qtr 1881 Brighton crd 2b/249 Edith and this same index no for Minnie but also gives an Annie Jane Still june qtr 1881 Brighton crd 2b/263. Annie died age 0 Dec qtr 1881 Brighton 2b/132 and Minnie died Sep 1882 Brighton 2b/154. The family came from and returned to Patcham. Edith went on to marry in London and have triplets herself but all died at/ soon after birth Fulham crd june qtr 1911.

I presumed the enumerator in 1881 had it right and they were twins; indeed the male and female totals at the bottom of the form indicate there were only two; he did however get the fathers name wrong as it is shown on the form as John . And one presumes the same index no at birth reg even for triplets which is not the case here.

Short of ordering the actual birth cert to check re parents names (ie Annie as possibly the third triplet) which will take a month and I will be on tenterhooks till then, can anyone shed any light please? It could be one of "those" coincidences of course and Annie Still is not of this family at all. I have much info on these Patcham families should anyone want it.

Thanks for any help

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Triplets maybe.. STILL Brighton Patcham
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 March 10 09:45 BST (UK) »
Looking at 1881 I cant see any indication that there is any trace of a third baby - in fact they are specifically named "Twins" 14 days old -
so I would say highly unlikely they were triplets!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk